Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,928   Posts: 1,585,181   Online: 701

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Had problems with a cheapo 67>77mm step ring. Used it to mount a big Mamiya 77mm polarizer on 67mm Bronica glass. Damn thing would jam--and I mean like welded--tight on the polarizer. Finally wised up that it was the unhappy marriage of aluminum ring to the brass threads of the polarizer. Simply wrapped thumb and index finger around the step ring, warmed it up for 30sec or so, and off it came--easily. Won't detail the embarrassing--and futile--efforts that preceded this simple solution.

Shooter
    35mm
    i press the filter flat against my boot sole, then rotate the camera. never failed. for the scientifically minded--zamberlan vioz gt, custom vibram original

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I too use the freezer trick. It works most of the time. when it isn't enough, I refreeze and then use the rubber band trick.

Kent in SD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Parrafin/canning wax works well as a lube for threads. Actually any hard wax will work and leave little or no residue.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    35mm
    excellent suggestions. graphite or NYOIL. I'll check them out. What sort of graphite? Where would you get it?

Shooter
    35mm
    I use rubber gloves (medical type)

While applying all my strength at unscrewing, I find it also helps to shout vicious and profane curses at the idiot who screwed it on so tightly.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by John Koehrer View Post
    Parrafin/canning wax works well as a lube for threads. Actually any hard wax will work and leave little or no residue.
    So does Chapstick.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin