Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,769   Online: 1048

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Hasselblad 503CW with CFE lens operation question

I am trying to help someone.

He is a first-time H'blad user. While he was turning rings and pushing buttons he ended up in this situation:

With the lens on the camera body and the magazine off the advance knob will not turn. The mirror is up and the back doors are open. (I don't know if the shutter is open).

The shutter ring is at B but it probably was rotated after this situation presented itself.

How do we get the camera back to normal operation?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sounds like he is in pre-release mood. By pressing the button just below the film advance crank, the mirror goes up and the rear curtains open.......the next step is to take the exposure. Press the shutter release button and after the exposure the camera should be ready for the next shot as the mirror returns and the film advance will engage. This pre-release mood is useful for long exposures on a tripod to prevent camera due to mirror functions during the exposure. Hope this helps.

Ron

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    The lens shutter is OPEN!

Is there a way of locking the lens open? On the 500CM there was a little lever on the release button that could be rotated to the 3 o'clock position that held the shutter blades open after release . I don't see any lever on the 503CW. I hesitate to just start rotating the shutter dial.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Does the camera advance with the magazine on?
    -----------------------

Segedi.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin