Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,687   Posts: 1,548,620   Online: 1253

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format

Is this a good deal on a M645 Pro?

I'm currently on a business trip and a camera shop here has a NIB Mamiya M645 pro with a 80mm ƒ/2.8, back and metered prism for $700. From what I was told it was a unit that was never sold, and has only 3 rolls of film through it. I've seen and handled it, and it looks absolutely pristine, has all the boxes, paperwork, etc.

Looking to replace my Nikon F4 & 50mm lens that I take on trips with something with a large negative size, depending on everyones thoughts I just might get it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Personally I'd say about $400, although its being NIB may count for something. I have a Mamiya 645 Pro and absolutely love it, more so than my Bronica ETRSi. The Mamiya just feels right to me, and the 645 format is like having giant 35mm negatives. You might want to look the camera up on KEH and see how much they're going for there in excellent+ condition.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sounds a bit pricey to be honest. Also, you might want to get the 80mm f/1.9 instead, it's a great lens.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Is this the old heavy metal Mamiya M645 or the newer Super/Pro/ProTL style body?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'll sell you my 645PRO kit for that price, with a lot more stuff, but obviously, used.
    - Derek
    [ Insert meaningless camera listing here ]

Shooter
    Large Format
    It's the newest body style.

I priced the kit from adorama and KEH and all the equipment comes out to be the same, or slightly less in used condition.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootar401 View Post
    It's the newest body style.

I priced the kit from adorama and KEH and all the equipment comes out to be the same, or slightly less in used condition.
    Maybe. Check out "completed auctions" on the big site for a Mamiya 645 Pro kit and you might find yours is 150-200 bucks more. It's likely a demo or lightly used--not NOS--if it's had film through it. Mamiya made the Pro from 1993-1998. Frankly, these aren't appreciating, so don't get too antsy. They're nice handling cameras. Any chance it comes with a drive grip?

Shooter
    Large Format

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootar401 View Post
    Your $ but I'd not go over 600--more like 500-550 unless you get another lens like a 150/4 or older 150/3.5. Sorry but 700 is just too much in 2012 for that kit. Ask for 3-5 pro pacs of fresh film if you pop for the asking price--seriously.

Shooter
    Large Format
    [QUOTE=CGW;1324959 Any chance it comes with a drive grip?[/QUOTE]

Nope, no grip drive. I don't like them that much anyway

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin