Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,960   Posts: 1,523,112   Online: 965

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yet another vote for KEH here. Excellent company to deal with.

I purchased my Bronica SQ kit, a Canon FD lens, a Nikon D lens, and some misc lens hoods and other bits from them and I'm very happy with the quality of everything.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Any questions about ratings/quality, give them a call. They are an honest dealer. I had an issue with one camera body, and it was repaired at no cost including shipping. Try that with ePrey!
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    35mm
    +1 for KEH

The very few times something was not working well, I returned the items w/o any problem.
    The descriptions are quite conservative. Bargains = very decent stuff. Anything better than that is _really good_.

m.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    KEH doesn't really work outside the US, even to Canada, thanks to shipping charges--US$60+. eBay works if you're patient, picky, and better-informed than the sellers.

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by adelorenzo View Post
    I find that keh.com prices are consistently 150% - 200% of what equivalent items sell for on eBay. So far I haven't bought anything from them for that reason, although I find there site useful for price research. Keh prices might be more in line with what sellers are asking, but at least for stuff I look at the sky-high Buy It Now auctions don't sell. The ones that sell at open auction or BIN are always much lower.
    Absolutely not. Maybe you're looking at all the trendy/gotta-have-it stuff but I find KEHs prices totally sane.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for all the replies and opinions. Really appreciate it. I'll let you know what I do but it looks like KEH is certainly the best and safest bet in my case.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    I have had only good transactions with KEH so far, not that I have had many. The few items that I have purchased were very conservatively graded. Much better that I expected.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I've bought from KEH since they started (I think it was just under the name King Grant then). There were some bargains early on since they were just starting to figure stuff out and anything out of the mainstream threw them off. I took a chance on an 8x10 field camera with virtually no description except mention of worm gear front shift. Of course it was a Gandolfi. The prettiest camera I've ever seen, but I preferred a Deardorff for my use so sold it off. I still have a few snapshots of it somewhere. I believe I had to pay them $100 for it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by HowardDvorin View Post
    I just order, pay and use my equipment.

HowardDvorin
    This is why KEH is where I go when there's something specific that I really want. You can generally find at least a few examples of what you need, in at least good "user" shape, at a reasonable but perhaps not spectacularly low price. They ship on time, the equipment is generally good and they're not going anywhere anytime soon. I have also used B&H, but I think their selection is not quite as extensive and their prices run higher (they're in NYC, go figure). Still, my Pentax 6X7 is from there, and it's been a great camera at a not-too-terrible price (my wife bought it as a gift, so it was her call). As for eBay, it all depends on your tolerance for risk, I guess. I have a camera and a lens or two that I bought from eBay sellers, and no problems, but YMMV.
    Pentax: 6x7 MLU
    Olympus: OM-1n
    Graflex: Miniature (2x3) Speed Graphic

Shooter
    35mm
    Originally Posted by Wolfeye

You're better off buying from eBay, Adorama, or B&H than KEH. Both Adorama and B&H have professionals who monitor this site and photo.net and try and work out any problem, even if it happened weeks ago. Ebay now has a 100% buyer satisfaction policy that guarantees your purchase price plus shipping back. KEH doesn't fully test their items and as such, you'll go to use some feature and it won't work. Happened to me many times. I'd much rather buy from an individual that knows his gear than the KEH appearance-graded items.
    Ebays 100% is BS pure and simple, try to get your money back. Only once out of about a dozen bad transactions did they offer full money back refund,but they make you wait 4-6 weeks for the refund and only if the seller doesn't dispute the returned item, which they do of course. Now you don't have the item or your money.Its another ebay scam.
    How much does BH and Ado pay/discount your stuff for shilling for them? They aren't that hot either on used gear.BH is a problem whether or not its new or used because they are closed half the time for holidays .

Originally Posted by adelorenzo

I find that keh.com prices are consistently 150% - 200% of what equivalent items sell for on eBay. So far I haven't bought anything from them for that reason, although I find there site useful for price research. Keh prices might be more in line with what sellers are asking, but at least for stuff I look at the sky-high Buy It Now auctions don't sell. The ones that sell at open auction or BIN are always much lower.
    KEH is consistently cheaper than ebay on apples to apples condition. Ebay prices look cheap at first, I'm not going to list specifics, but more than one camera I bought off ebay I could have bought from KEH for the same price and better condition.

Ebay Buy It Now=Regret It Later
    APUG: F, F/FTN,F2,F2A,F2AS,F3,F3HP,FA,FE,FM,FM2,FE2,XK,XM,XD, XD-5,XD-7,XD-11,XE,XE-5,XE-7,SRT101,SRT102,XG9,XG7,XG1,XG-SE,XG-M,X700,OM-1,OM-1n,OM-2,OM-2n,OM-4,F-1,F-1N,AE-1P,R5,500C/M,SCII
    DPUG:D100,D200,D300

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin