Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,891   Posts: 1,520,856   Online: 1209

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Polaroid back for Hasselblad - still useful?

Just curious if there's any polaroid subsitute that would make a polaroid back still useful on a hasselblad. I know that the impossible project makes film, but from what I've seen of their film (friend of mine uses it), it's not really useful for much outside of the hipster crowds. Does fuji still make any of their instant projects, and would any of them fit the Hassey?

Thanks,
    Eric
    I like to turn a negative into a positive. Visit my website to see my work! www.awasos.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Fuji still make colour and a black and white instants. I have a polaroid back for my RB67 that takes them. Great fun.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yes, Fuji pack film is still available, but the Hassy produces an awfully small pola. It's a waste of film if you ask me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fuji FP100C and FP3000B works in Hassy Polaroid Backs. Make sure and get the Hassy back that takes Type 100 film though. I think there was another style that took a different kind that isn't available anymore.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by amsp View Post
    Yes, Fuji pack film is still available, but the Hassy produces an awfully small pola. It's a waste of film if you ask me.

Yeah, I took three shots and was unimpressed with the small picture size.... which is what lead to my new found love of the Polaroid Land Camera's. But, its nice to have the Pola-back on the Hassy for lighting tests.

Here is a quick scan of a bad shot that I did in the studio. Needless to say, I adjusted my lighting after this. But at least it shows how much wasted space there is on the film and print.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HassyBack.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	72.8 KB 
ID:	49019
    Last edited by ChristopherCoy; 04-05-2012 at 12:56 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the replies folks. I'm looking for something that I can use to double check exposure while out in the field - size is of less importance since I'd be redoing the shot anyway on slide film. Gives me something to think about. I've been thinking of just taking a small digi with me, and using the histogram as a check before taking the shot with the hassey.
    I like to turn a negative into a positive. Visit my website to see my work! www.awasos.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It works great for the way you need it and would be significantly cheaper than a digi cam.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Katie - I already own several digital cameras, so there's no additional cost. Just weight, which the polaroid equipment would add as well. Kind of a toss up I guess.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, I guess so. But I look at it as having a nice positive print from the work, too. It's small, but big enough to use as a photo!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Fair enough! Thanks for the input Katie. I'll definitely be looking into it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin