Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,250   Online: 755

Shooter
    35mm

Help With Flexaret VII

I recently bought a flexaret viii from cupog on ebay. I tried my first roll of film recently and it turned out rather odd. I'm not sure what the problem could be though...attached are the photos. Can someone help me with what might be wrong?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Meropia_1.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	139.7 KB 
ID:	49317Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Meropia_1.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	139.7 KB 
ID:	49317

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    You took 120 film to Costco for processing? I'd initially wonder if they had any idea of what they were dealing with. What condition are the negatives in? Does what you see on the negatives match what you see on the little proof sheets?

Shooter
    35mm
    Sorry, I guess I should have clarified. It's 35 mm film. I have a mask for it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It looks like a really bad light leak to me. Could be in-camera, but it's so bad that I suspect the guys at Costco screwed up.
    And the sign said, "long haired freaky people need not apply"

Shooter
    Large Format
    I would maybe first run a 120 roll through it to see if it's working properly.

Southern Forest Region, Western Australia
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pekelnik View Post
    This is a bit bloody obvious

Use BW film and if you don't have a darkroom find a working APUG member near you and ask them to process it for you - If you cant find one post it to me and I will send you back a scan for free - PM for address

Free processing because I like these cameras and we should all remember the amazing work done with one by Jan Saudek before he was given an old Rollie

John

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Well, if it comes from Cupog it's fair to asume the camera is allright. Of course people can make mistakes but I've dealt with Cupog a number of times and he's a honest person. You should try black and white rollfilm first and develop it yourself if possible, otherwise find a decent lab who can do it so you can check if it's the camera or the goons at costco.
    Sure, I could give you a boring explanation who I really am but I rather let the Origami do the talking.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pekelnik View Post
    A Flexaret TLR does not have a 35mm adapter, just a mask. I assume the film was wound back into the canister by hand in darkroom conditions?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Rusbarsky View Post
    A Flexaret TLR does not have a 35mm adapter, just a mask. I assume the film was wound back into the canister by hand in darkroom conditions?
    If it's a VII and the users has the right mask for the model you don't need to wind back in the darkroom, you can wind it back on the camera. Only with older Flexaret's (like the IVa) you had to take out the film in a darkroom as there was no rewind knob. Of course, if the user forgot to wind back and opened the back it's of course screwed.
    Sure, I could give you a boring explanation who I really am but I rather let the Origami do the talking.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin