Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,997   Posts: 1,524,295   Online: 847

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You're absolutely right, Benjiboy. Maybe we should say only that this particular episode has passed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am not cured of GAS, but I have all the cameras that I ever wanted and I am a happy camper now. I am so busy using these cameras, that I have not had GAS for over two years!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    I am not cured of GAS, but I have all the cameras that I ever wanted and I am a happy camper now. I am so busy using these cameras, that I have not had GAS for over two years!
    It's a lovely liberating feeling Steve to be happy with the equipment you already have, and just concentrate on enjoying using it.
    Last edited by benjiboy; 04-14-2012 at 06:24 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I found the best cure for GAS is to spend any excess money on photobooks and well-made prints from fellow photographers.
    And the sign said, "long haired freaky people need not apply"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have more GAS than cents...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    er . . . GAS?

Sorry, don't understand the acronym.

Shooter
    35mm
    Gastric Anomaly Syndrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkasha View Post
    er . . . GAS?

Sorry, don't understand the acronym.
    Actually, Gear Acquisition Syndrome.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    I'm in that situation too.... but then some wonderful thing shows up out of nowhere and I waste a couple weeks sorting out and testing the new gear and selling off the old. I'm just now doing it once again settling into some Contax RTS stuff that a friend wanted out of his closet (I sold some of it to him when it was new). I love the lenses, I really do, but I'd be better off spending the energy on picture taking. I need to take Nancy's advice and just say "no". Maybe next time.

Sirius Glass's comment is the best advice. Stay busy taking pictures with what you have.
    Last edited by Mark Crabtree; 04-18-2012 at 02:41 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Old-N-Feeble View Post
    BTW... If there's something you think is potentially a very good deal... DON'T POST THE LINK!! Some SOCIOPATH will ALWAYS buy it before you can get back to it.
    Some of us recognize this as a shrewd and cunning technique of self protection. Wants more peoples to wants the precious. This way somebody else will buy it, and they don't have to...
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin