Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,211   Posts: 1,531,998   Online: 1176

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    Some of us recognize this as a shrewd and cunning technique of self protection. Wants more peoples to wants the precious. This way somebody else will buy it, and they don't have to...
    Ahh... makes perfect sense to me. Did I post a link to that Ferrari Enzo I want?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

And here we go again.

Is it because it's nearing spring? Is it the lengthening days? Is it the final stages of Seasonal Affected Disorder? Here we are, 11 months later and another fit of GAS as taken over. Only this time it's deciding between Zeiss 6x9's. 1938 Super Ikonta with CLA'd Tessar and speed-compur? 1958 Ercona? 1950 Ikonta? Zone focus? Coupled rangefinder? PC connection? Western? Commie?

Anyway, last night I decided I need a new lawn mower more than I do an old camera so the crisis has passed.

Gas averted for another year? They say it never really goes away. It just goes into hiding.
    All paths are the same: they lead nowhere. Choose the one that has heart.

Don Juan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pbromaghin View Post
    Is it because it's nearing spring? Is it the lengthening days? Is it the final stages of Seasonal Affected Disorder? Here we are, 11 months later and another fit of GAS as taken over. Only this time it's deciding between Zeiss 6x9's. 1938 Super Ikonta with CLA'd Tessar and speed-compur? 1958 Ercona? 1950 Ikonta? Zone focus? Coupled rangefinder? PC connection? Western? Commie?

Anyway, last night I decided I need a new lawn mower more than I do an old camera so the crisis has passed.

Gas averted for another year? They say it never really goes away. It just goes into hiding.
    And when the time is right, returns with a vengence!!!!

Shooter
    4x5 Format

How old is the lawnmower?

Kent in SD

Shooter
    Multi Format

Honest - I don't quite know why...

As I write I am admiring my lovely new Agfa Isolette III; seems just like yesterday when I claimed, somewhere on APUG, that I have plenty of folders and didn't need any more. Perhaps what I really meant was that I have enough 6x9's - this one is a 6x6!

And didn't I just start a thread inquiring about the virtues between an M3 and an M2? Result of advice: I will probably try to get a Minolta CLE. The M3 does look beautiful and I just imagine how well it handles...

So my question is: which Ikonta are you going to take a picture of that lawn mower with?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You'll need GAS for that lawnmower...
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am lucky if I can avert it for more than three months. Took a firm decision end of last year not to buy any new cameras or lenses, since you know, I have quite a few already. Yet, three weeks ago I bought a Mamiya 645 Pro TL kit with four lenses, two of which persuaded me: The 80/1.9 and 500/5.6. Since it cost about 400 Euro in total (ZAR 5000), I can hardly be blamed. But it was still going against a firm decision. That's the thing with GAS: Aside from bankruptcy (which also happens to be one of its consequences), there is little that actually helps for it. Running out of space also helps, but that is often only temporary. To me the most useful is to do an annual usage assessment, and to force myself to sell off the under-utilised equipment. If one hasn't really used a camera or a lens for two years, then obviously it is just gathering dust.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You will never be done with gas. You will always have gas. Gas is a part of you. I live, breathe, eat, sleep with gas. It rarely affects me though as I've lived with it for so long. It's the other folks on the elevator I feel sorry for.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by flatulent1 View Post
    You will never be done with gas. You will always have gas. Gas is a part of you. I live, breathe, eat, sleep with gas. It rarely affects me though as I've lived with it for so long. It's the other folks on the elevator I feel sorry for.
    Little known fact: Fred helped come up with the scientific name for gas. After anal-ysis, the scientists told him he could name it, as he is the single greatest human source of it. They told him it should end with "thane", so Fred said he'd name it after himself. He called it "Me-thane".
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin