Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,234   Posts: 1,532,935   Online: 1030

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Zeiss Ikonta just back from CLA

My 1948 Zeiss Ikonta 521/16 just came back from CLA by Paul Ebel. He did a great job. The zone focus, aperture, and shutter rings all turn as smooth as glass and he even shined up some of the chrome. He included actual and indicated shutter speed calibration. The worst one was .003 off. Not bad for a 64 year old camera.

This is pretty exciting - I had it done intending for it to become my daily "walking-around" camera. Yesterday I loaded her up with tmax 100 and stopped at a hospital construction site to get a couple of shots of the structure and construction crane against a starkly empty Colorado sky. This morning I realized it was focused at 1.5 meters. Oh well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Oh yeah, been there!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm excited for you and a bit jealous too!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    They are lovely cameras and take great photos,I have had one for a few years now, a great carry around MF camera.
    Richard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had a Zeiss Super Ikonta IV my girl friend gave me CLA'd. I love that camera. The selenium meter still works and the lens is razor sharp.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Did you marry her? I probably would have... sight unseen!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I haven't yet. Frances is a sweet gal that brought over her father's box of old cameras. One of them was the Super Ikonta IV. Didn't know what it was. I didn't even know how to open it. When I did got it unfolded, the focus was very stiff. Sent it off to Essex Camera Repair. I've been using it ever since. It's a real gem like my Frances.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have fun with the Ikonta, these are great little cameras that fit easily into a pocket and are quite capable of excellent results.

I'm hoping to finally get my own Ikonta 531 in action soon, unfortunately the lens is soft and low contarst but I found a new one (lens & shutter) back in early March.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What was the damage to the pocket for these? My Super Ikonta IV has been hurting for CLA, stiff focus, fungus on lenses, dirty rangefinder. But the bellows are great, and speeds good. I have been shooting with it and have been getting great results, though manhandling the focus doesnt make me too fast lol.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The CLA on the simple Novar lens and compur shutter was about $100 plus shipping. This is a zone focuser with no synchronizations.

What I really would like to get is a late 50's 534 with the meter, Tessar lens and coupled rangefinder. They generally go for $4-500 though, which I don't want to spend on a toy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin