Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,775   Posts: 1,516,673   Online: 1158

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 6x6 slr

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for all the good info. I've been searching and reading and with my pricepoint it looks like the bronica SQ-A would be my best bet. I laso saw where some of the earlier Bronicas clould use Nikkor lens. Does anyone have any experience with the Nikkor lens with the SQ-A or is it just with the older models.
    Thanks for all of the input. I would also be curious if anyone has any info from personal use on the Bronica SQ-A.

Thanks

Lee

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    nothing on the Bronica but I will just show a picture on why I think the Rollei SL66 is unbeatable...

The lenses are the "same" as on hasselblad, but with the built in bellows, the macro work - as shown above - is so easy to work with, and that also gives you the opportunity to fit "wrong" lenses on that camera - and focus with it...

Now that is FUN!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rollei-me3.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	131.3 KB 
ID:	49738

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tlr120 View Post
    Thanks for all the good info. I've been searching and reading and with my pricepoint it looks like the bronica SQ-A would be my best bet. I laso saw where some of the earlier Bronicas clould use Nikkor lens. Does anyone have any experience with the Nikkor lens with the SQ-A or is it just with the older models.
    Thanks for all of the input. I would also be curious if anyone has any info from personal use on the Bronica SQ-A.

Thanks

Lee
    There was a line of Nikkor lenses that were specific to the ancient Bronica S series only. Nice glass but nice relative to early 1960s optics and coatings and better IMHO than the Komuras and Zenza lenses for the S bodies.

The Bronica system is sweet: good value, durable, excellent optics, and really the only alternative to Hasselblad for a 6x6 SLR system camera. Try to get the newest body you can find/afford, e.g., an Ai or SQ-B. Try to get a kit. Things like WLFs and 120 backs can be pricey as separates. More here:

http://www.ayton.id.au/gary/photo/photo_BronicaSQ.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I guess I'm too late, but how about a Graflex? Get a multi-coated Ektar on one (look for the little 'L" in a circle) and you have world class sharpness, plus 24 shutter speeds to fine tune your exposure. Get the 12 exposure (22 or rh-12, Graflex not Graflock) back and you don't need the RB feature (revolving back). Plus you can use sheet film backs as well. They can be found for under 200usd with back if you're just a little bit lucky.

--nosmok

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The OP is looking for 6cm x 6cm [2 1/4" x 2 /4"] negative size, not 4"x5".

I have Hasselblads, Graflexes, and Graphics. I do not think the OP will be happy with a Graflex at this time. Later, we can get his GAS and bad behavior to lead him to the wonders of a Graflex.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    The OP is looking for 6cm x 6cm [2 1/4" x 2 /4"] negative size, not 4"x5".

Yes, but he inquired upon an Internet audience, which means that left field opinions ans suggestions should be expected. I thought that was the point of the Internet...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My university teaching experience taught me to answer the questions directly without flooding the asker with unnecessary detail or information. If they want to explore a side path, the will ask.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gandolfi View Post
    nothing on the Bronica but I will just show a picture on why I think the Rollei SL66 is unbeatable...

The lenses are the "same" as on hasselblad, but with the built in bellows, the macro work - as shown above - is so easy to work with, and that also gives you the opportunity to fit "wrong" lenses on that camera - and focus with it...

Now that is FUN!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rollei-me3.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	131.3 KB 
ID:	49738
    Oh yeah! I have an adapter and use a load of old large format lenses with my SL66. Here's an example with an old Radionar lens got for $25 bucks!

Ben Mimi Marin Headlands Rolleiflex SL66 Schneider-Kreuznach Radionar 4.5 10.5cm lens w-adapter Fuji Acros Rodinal 1-50 9min30sec 1minAg VS Nikon9000 by rich8155 (Richard Sintchak), on Flickr
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If you want to play with an Imagon or many old lenses, the Rollei SL66 is perfect: shutter and focusing mechanism all part of the camera body, not the lens. The weakness is flash sync speed unless you use one of the in-shutter lenses (80mm and 150mm only). Macro work is a dream as the bellows extension is large and all standard lenses are reversible without accessories.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherCoy View Post
    Yes, but he inquired upon an Internet audience, which means that left field opinions ans suggestions should be expected.
    No.

He posed a very specific question, with the expectation that respondents would be polite enough to address it specifically.

- Leigh
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” - Plato

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin