Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,286   Posts: 1,681,198   Online: 1006

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 6x6 slr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by john_s View Post
    I know they have a good reputation and I've been happy with my one purchase from them, but I wonder if they buy at BGN price do they always sell at BGN?
    Nope! Nor does any other business.
    I do suspect that some of their as-is pieces may be items that were sold and found not to be cost effective to repair.
    Expletive Deleted!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm always late to the party (said that before), but to those upthread who were making fun of my Graflex recommendation: the only SLR I currently use is a 6x9 cm Graflex RB series B, which takes astonishingly sharp pictures. With an RH-12 or "22" rollholder, you've got a 6x6 cm slr, for about 150 bucks. Maybe all of you snarkmeisters should do a little research before you make a kindergarten mistake like assuming all Graflex slr's are 4x5 or 5x7.

--nosmok

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am not trying to tell the OP how to live his life. He asked for ideas a 6x6 slr, which is what a smaller Graflex with 6x6 roll back is. The OP did not ask for the "volumetrically smallest possible 6x6 slr". You appear to be the one telling the OP how to live their life with your assumption that there is no way they could possibly be interested in this particular 6x6 SLR setup. Your further contention that a 6x9 camera is "large format" seems strange. Have you ever used a smaller RB? Mine is easier to handle than a Pentax 6x7, lighter than many Hasselblad rigs (admittedly, without interchangeable lenses), and a hell of a lot smaller than a 4x5 Graflex (less than half the size by volume).

nosmok

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherCoy View Post
    I met with the KEH guys at Fort Worth Camera over the weekend. They rated my Hassy 500cm as BGN+ because it has one or two TINY scratches on the back, where the magazine attaches. Otherwise it would be in EXC condition. SERIOUSLY?!?
    When I moved to Chile (after 50 years); I packed everything in 4 large boxes and sent them to Keh. When I got to Chile I had a check for 24.000 dollars awaiting me. I call that RELIABLE.
    " A loving and caring heart is the beginning of all knowledge " ~ Thomas Carlyle ~

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think using an LF camera for 6x6 would be a less than satisfactory option.

1) Much larger than a proper 6x6 SLR.
    2) Limited selection of lenses based on minimum bellows extension.
    3) More involved shooting sequence due to manual lens cock/release and aperture control.

It would have the advantage of traditional LF movements, provided the lens IC could support same.

- Leigh
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” - Plato

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin