Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,756   Posts: 1,516,005   Online: 869

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: 6x6 slr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had a 1919 3-1/4" x 4-1/4" Revolving Back Graflex back hinged top-front curve, see p. 33 bottom photograph, THE AMERICAN CAMERAS a review of GRAFLEX®, by Richard P. Paine, 1981, Alpha Publishing Company, Houston, Texas

I had to stop using it because body frame wobbled and made the shutter unreliable. A retired Graflex and Graphic repairman at www.graflex.org looked at it and said it was not worth repairing. But it was still too bulky to use with an adapted RH-12 as a MF camera.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherCoy View Post
    I met with the KEH guys at Fort Worth Camera over the weekend. They rated my Hassy 500cm as BGN+ because it has one or two TINY scratches on the back, where the magazine attaches. Otherwise it would be in EXC condition. SERIOUSLY?!?
    When I moved to Chile (after 50 years); I packed everything in 4 large boxes and sent them to Keh. When I got to Chile I had a check for 24.000 dollars awaiting me. I call that RELIABLE.
    " A loving and caring heart is the beginning of all knowledge " ~ Thomas Carlyle ~

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think using an LF camera for 6x6 would be a less than satisfactory option.

1) Much larger than a proper 6x6 SLR.
    2) Limited selection of lenses based on minimum bellows extension.
    3) More involved shooting sequence due to manual lens cock/release and aperture control.

It would have the advantage of traditional LF movements, provided the lens IC could support same.

- Leigh
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” - Plato

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin