Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,608   Online: 750

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well I pulled the trigger on a Mamiya RZ67, 110 2.8, 120 back, and WLF. I'll post pics when it comes in, saying I'm excited would be an understatement

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tron_ View Post
    Well I pulled the trigger on a Mamiya RZ67, 110 2.8, 120 back, and WLF. I'll post pics when it comes in, saying I'm excited would be an understatement
    Congratulations, I'm right there with, arrived yesterday, RZ67 Pro II, 180 4.5, 120 back, WLF...

Now to find a dang battery for it... Tip of the iceberg I'm afraid, already looking at other lenses (I shoot mostly landscapes and want something a bit wider), a nice light meter, processing goodies, gotta have a full darkroom right, couple more backs, some different focusing screens, MLU / shutter release cables, other accessories etc etc etc?!? GAH!

I hope to get a roll of film through it this weekend, at least that will be a start.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Awesome! How do you like it so far? I'm hoping I can hold off on buying more gear haha, the only other thing I want for it is a Polaroid back but that won't be for a while I think.

I also bought some Fuji Superia to run through the camera. I use Superia a ton in my 35mm SLRs and it's a comfortable film to work with personally. So excited to get this camera in

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hensley View Post
    Congratulations, I'm right there with, arrived yesterday, RZ67 Pro II, 180 4.5, 120 back, WLF...

Now to find a dang battery for it... Tip of the iceberg I'm afraid, already looking at other lenses (I shoot mostly landscapes and want something a bit wider), a nice light meter, processing goodies, gotta have a full darkroom right, couple more backs, some different focusing screens, MLU / shutter release cables, other accessories etc etc etc?!? GAH!

I hope to get a roll of film through it this weekend, at least that will be a start.
    On the battery front, they take a PX28 battery.

I've used a variety of different PX-28s in my Mamiya 645 Pro (nice that they use the same battery!).

The PX28 silver oxide are the best I've used, but the PX28 alcaline batteries that are sold really inexpensively for dog collars work fine - just buy them in bulk on the internet and keep a couple of backups in your bag.

Here is an example link: http://24hrbatteries.com/shop/pcs-bu...fa18-p-96.html
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherCoy View Post
    I'm seriously considering it... like seriously.

I am no longer considering it... Like seriously no longer considering it.

This morning I stopped in at Dons Used Photo Equipment in Dallas, and I got a chance to put my hands on a Bronica SQ-A. My opinion... In a word.... "ughhh!" (as in eeewwww!)

I'll keep me Hassy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What did you not like about the Bronica?

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Didn't say Zeiss anywhere?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    With the prism that was attached, it was DEFINITELY more bulky than the 500cm with WLF. I also didn't like the amount of knobs and switches it seemed to have. To me, it just felt uncomfortable. It was large, and very cumbersome to handle.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    Didn't say Zeiss anywhere?
    No, I'm not that much of a fanboy. I don't subscribe to the "only view your images under a microscope to determine quality" group. I'm quite certain that the Bronica would have produced equally good images as my Hassy, but it was strictly a handling thing for me.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    After lugging a Mamiya RB67 a few days ago, my SQ-B seemed petite. Works as a walk-around kit for me with an extra lens and back. With just a WLF and an 80 or 105mm, it's certainly no backbreaker. "Large" it isn't.

Ergonomics aren't especially wonky: just a shutter speed dial, mirror-up and multiple exposure switches on the body. It is battery-powered, so that buys a check button.
    Last edited by CGW; 04-27-2012 at 03:10 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin