Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,546,085   Online: 932

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by sveamarcus View Post
    I believe I can see where this is going and I'm kindly going to disregard your question. Let me just say it was my very subjective observation. Perhaps it was worded badly and my intention is not to confront anyone - just one other user's highly personal opinion. Take it for what it is and feel free to dismiss it as such.

I had a PS50, PS65, S105, PS80, PS150, PS180. I still have the PS180 since it was quite expensive and couldn't bundle it with the rest. Of these lenses I preferred the PS80 and the PS180 (not for landscape/infinity focus but that's okay since it was designed for portraiture). The PS65 was a bit enigmatic and some photos were quite nice. I mostly shoot from a tripod mirror-up so I wouldn't put it down to camera shake or mirror slap. To me, I'm happier with the older Zenzanons and Nikkors for S mount and having both a SQ and S2A/EC seems a bit superfluous. The Nikkor O.C 50mm f2.8 (a multi coated lens) was definitely better than the PS50 at lower apertures.
    Sorry but Trond has a point.

Not sure how one would quantify "enigmatic" as an optical term.

Have never had any complaints about Bronica glass. Think the old 105/3.5S and 150/3.5S both have gorgeous bokeh and excel as portrait lenses, along with the 135/4PS. Find the SQ series better suited to studio/flash work for the leaf shutter lenses compared to slow synch speeds of the old S bodies with their focal plane shutters.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    Find the SQ series better suited to studio/flash work for the leaf shutter lenses compared to slow synch speeds of the old S bodies with their focal plane shutters.
    And that's why I now have a Hassy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tron_ View Post
    In terms of the weight, it's a big camera but it is nowhere near as heavy as people make it out to be. Maybe I have just been hitting the Wheaties lately but on friday I went for a pretty intense 2.5-3 mile walk and had no problems holding the camera. Really the weight is a non issue to me so I am definitely relieved!
    Congratulations! If you are a "lumberjack type" as you say, you are exact opposite of me. I'm an IT mushroom. it's not only pure weight that was issue for me, it's ergonomics for hand-holding that was also an issue. In a word, it's cumbersome to hand-hold and use.

Camera choice is really a personal thing and you may not have any issue with it. Only time will tell. Someone told me L bracket is a great help so you might want to consider it as a future addition. Enjoy your camera and looking forward to your gallery postings.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well I'm bored at work and thought I would give you guys an update on this thread.

I still have the camera and I'm still completely head over heels for it. Really love this camera, I cannot think of any downsides to it other than the fact that I get a lot of people stopping and asking me wtf it is since this is my first medium format camera I don't really notice the size/weight of it since I have nothing to compare it with but with that said, I hand hold this thing 99% of the time still.

I've also began developing my own 120 film and it's super easy, anyone interested in it should definitely give it a try!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin