Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,880   Posts: 1,520,487   Online: 813

Images

Rolleiflex automat frame counter sticks

After running about 10 or 12 rolls of Tri-X through this camera where it accurately detected the starting point of the film, the frame counter got stuck at "5" instead of resetting to "0". Since I was on vacation in Provence and had no tools, I had to revert to the Flexaret which I was carrying as a backup. When I returned home, I took off the right side panel and the counter immediately reset itself to "0. I reassembled the right side and was able to load a roll of film successfully. Since everything else on the camera seems to be working properly, I am reluctant to spend the money for a full CLA, especially since this part of the mechanism seems to be quite accessable. If the counter contiues to hang up like this, is it a simple fix?

Thanks,
    -------------------------------
    Peter Schauss

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I fixed this on one Roleiflex by adding a washer below each side panel attachment screw to the front of the camera. 2 total? You might have noticed a brass washer or two already in there. These washers are thin- .004-.008 inch (.2-4mm).

I think that the panel can get bumped and bent just enough to bind things up. Look at the panel when removed to see if there are any bends or dents- very slight.

Of course, best to send it to someone who really knows what is going on. I am just bumbling around and found this to work on one Roleiflex. A real repairman would have seen this many times and would know the best fix.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    hi peter ..

i have a roliecord 1a /3 and had a problem where the counter went
    but the winder didn't stop at the next frame

i brought it to zack's camera repair and he fixed it for me, and its been working like a charm
    since. he's an apug advertiser, and does a lot of work on cameras that others might tell you can't be fixed &c ...

good luck with your counter!
    john
    if my apug gallery looks empty you might check these places

website
    blog
    sell-site

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Before I had CLAs done in some of
    my Rolleiflexes this would sometimes happen and oftentimes jiggling the tab at the bottom which is the closed door "feeler" often helped the counter finish resetting itself. This is a sign that a solid CLA is likely in order. Personally I use Harry Fleenor but others with less patience and who find him too expensive may offer some alternative suggestions.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Images
    Thanks for the suggestions. I ran a roll of film throught the camera after I reassembled it and the frame counter worked as it was supposed to. When I closed the camera after removing the roll, the counter reset itself with now hesitation, so it is fixed for now. On my next trip, I will carry a small screw driver and, possibly, a tube of rubber cement.
    -------------------------------
    Peter Schauss

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin