Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,750   Posts: 1,483,827   Online: 1093

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images

Bay I, II, II How to tell the difference?

I got this interesting Rollei filter. Anyone know what the mount is?

Jon

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rolleisoft.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	50061
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's just diameter. I have a Bay ll lens cap here that measure 42mm on the inside, Not including the ears.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    usually they are marked.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John Koehrer View Post
    It's just diameter. I have a Bay ll lens cap here that measure 42mm on the inside, Not including the ears.
    Thanks guys. This one is only 30mm. It has a red R on the side with no number. The case has the numbers 4685 over a 1.

Jon

edit: apparently it is a Bay 1 and fits TLR like rollei, yashica etc.
    Found this on Flickr:
    keltic_tom says:
    Bay 1 also know as B30 fit many TLRs: Rolleicord, Rolleiflex, Autocord, Yashica, etc.. The Bay 1 / B30 are 30mm in diameter. There is also a lesser known system called Tiffen Series V which is also 30mm in diameter. The first piece required is a Tiffen Bay 1 to Series V adapter which Tiffen called their # 522 adapter. One side has the three male feet which fit the slots in the lens housing and the other side has standard Series V female threads. You can see examples of the Tiffen Series V (30mm) and Series VI (40mm) adapters, retainer rings, filters, and lens hoods in my Techno Set. The Series V items are far less costly than the Bay 1 items.

rick_oleson says:
    Just for reference....

BAY 1: All f/3.5 Tessars & Xenars, Rolleicords and non-Rollei copies that have bayonets.

BAY 2: F/2.8 Tessars, f/3.5 Planars and Xenotars

BAY 3: F/2.8 Planars, Xenotars and (I think) Biometars
    Originally posted 25 months ago. (permalink)
    rick_oleson edited this topic 25 months ago.

Das Lied von der Erde says:
    Bayonet I Rolleinars and filters are marked "28,5" because the lenses on the early Automats, and the New Standard, also could use 28,5mm slip-on accessories. Bay II is marked "34" and Bay III "38" (plus the diameter symbol). Later filters and Rolleinars were not marked with diameter, only "RI, RII or RIII".
    "D 2" probably means "Diopter 2" as in "Rolleinar 2"
    "2 x Bajonett" means that both Rolleinars have bayonet mounts. There were also sets with one slip-on and one bayonet Proxar/Rolleinar for the Rolleiflexes and Rolleicords with bayonet on the taking lens only.
    Your New Standard Rolleiflex has Bay I, so it's strange that the Rolleinar set is too small. If the set had Bay II they would be to large to fit.

Last edited by Jon Shiu; 04-27-2012 at 08:56 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    That's part of a Bay I Rolleinar. It's one of the two close up lenses of a three piece set. You're missing the other close up lens (they are identical) as well as the Rolleiparkeil that goes on the viewing lens and corrects for parallax.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    It is actually a Rolleisoft 1 and has interesting concentric circles, to soften.

Jon

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin