Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,189   Online: 1140

Shooter
    Multi Format

Mamiya RZ67 45mm

Hello there,

Just picked up a Mamiya RZ67, and I'm loving it, but my only qualm with the camera is that Mamiya never made a 45mm for this system. I have the 50mm L, and it's a great lens, but my favorite focal length has always been a 20mm on 35mm format. The angle of view is exactly what I want it to be for my landscape/urban exploring shots, and the slight lacking in angle of view for the 50mm (24mm equivalent) just irks me to the bone...

Anyway, Pentax makes a 45mm for their 67 system, and I was wondering if there is an adapter for P67 lenses to RZ67 bodies? If not, are there any other 45mm lenses from other companies that have an RZ adapter? Perhaps a custom adapter of my own making would be possible...? Perhaps a large format 45mm with a custom RZ lens board?

I dunno, like I said, I love the RZ, I just wish there was a 45mm for it. Any DIY suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well there is a 6x8 back for the rb, you can achieve the wider field of view that way.

Yes, you can mount the 45 from another brand, there are simple ways to do that, but you may lose infinity focus.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Possibly Arsat or other Soviet varieties?
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mamiya did a prototype 43mm aspherical lens for the RZ, but it was never released. This was in about 2002 or 2006 I think. It was shown at photokina.

Adapt Pentax lens: Not feasible for several reasons.
    Adapt LF lens: Not feasible for several reasons (Mostly back-focus distance).
    Adapt RB 6x8 back: Not feasible. Only adds 4mm of image width anyway.

Your best bet would be get a Mamiya 7 with the 43mm for the wide needs.

That said the 50ULD is a great lens, quite wide on RZ and should suffice generally. Focal lengths are not directly comparable to 35mm since the format aspect ratio is different. The 37mm fisheye is a nice lens too, not as fishy (barrel distortion) as many 35mm fisheyes for some reason.

-Ed

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin