Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,703   Posts: 1,482,679   Online: 735

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That is awesome, as is the photo. I can relate, although I mainly use a body with broken interlocks so it's more a case of working out why the photo was blank as it will let me exercise my stupidity without complaining

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Lovely shot. I too find the same frustrations with the RB.

BTW, what lens did you use in this shot?

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    annunaki,

I used a K/L 127mm f3.5 for this shot. It is by far my most used lens.
    And the sign said, "long haired freaky people need not apply"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Funny story and it's still a great photo, and I think the tones look great nonetheless!

LOL I think is why the 645 format exists

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Nielsen View Post
    I mainly use a body with broken interlocks so it's more a case of working out why the photo was blank as it will let me exercise my stupidity without complaining
    I always leave the darkslide at home now as I have learned that the shutter will fire if the darkslide is only pulled out by about 1/4"

The back can still be opened to change the film but not removed from the body.

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If I change film without first inserting the dark slide the back never locks at frame one and just rolls straight through until the film is gone

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hahaha great story OP, I recently picked up an RZ67 and wanted to give it a try so I asked my mom if she wanted a picture done. She said sure and I rifled off two frames before noticing the camera was on "emergency mode" and the dark slide was still in the back.....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ha ha. I'm sure we can all relate and have similar stories. My biggest "doh!" moment was when shooting a few rolls of portraits of a friend's kid with my Rolleicord TLR. I started off with B&W and ended up with colour. Of course, I totally forgot about the yellow filter on the "taking" lens when I changed to the colour film! It looked 100% fine through the viewfinder...

Great shot, by the way.

Shooter
    Multi Format

This is why we still shoot film.

I think this is part of the reason we still shoot film. Had you been using a 'D' type camera, you wouldn't have to remember to do anything. If the picture was not right, just click off another 100 pictures and then spend a few hours with Photoshop and then you can show every one the great pictures 'you' got. Those 'D' cameras take the fun out of learning the craft. At least when you use the RB and everything comes out right, you feel like you are a photographer. When I use my video camera, I don't feel like a videographer, but like a hunter using a machine gun, you can't miss. Do any others feel this way?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin