Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,050   Online: 907

Shooter
    Medium Format

Question about a16 magazine for hasselblad

Hi there,

I recently got an a16 magazine from ebay.
    When I tried it with my 500cm, it stuck at number 4-5.
    I reload a film into it and try to shot, but the magazine won't be synchronous.
    The only thing I can do with it right now is wind it but it won't go to 1, finally, it goes to the end of film, done...
    After I compare it with my a12, I realize there is a little stick in the case, it can be push and release to reset the counter.
    But in this a16, it stay at inside can not get out. Is this a serious problem? How I can fix it?

Appreciate anybody can help me with it or give any hint about it

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by johnielvis View Post
    sounds like somet very bad wear in thegears.....can you run it through without film? if film makes it hang, then it may be very badlyworn inside....bad news sorry---that"stick" is normal--it does not come out.
    The stick is located at the inside of the case, when I tried my a12, once i push it inside, the counter will return to 0, so i believe this stick relate with the counter...
    I think there must have something wrong in the inner part. I spent 90 on it... I really don't want to spend another 90 to fix it...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    First off, I have never seen an A16 magazine. I have used and repaired (professionally) many A12 magazines of various vintages. The two are almost identical.

I checked the service manual, which covers all of the magazines. There is no mention of a "stick" in the exploded parts diagram nor in the parts list.
    There's also no reference to such an item in the user's manual. I find no such in any of my A12 magazines that I opened up to check.

It sounds to me like there's a problem in the film counter, and somebody provided this "stick" as a way of resetting the counter, thus allowing the back to function sort of.

- Leigh
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” - Plato

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Leigh B View Post
    First off, I have never seen an A16 magazine. I have used and repaired (professionally) many A12 magazines of various vintages. The two are almost identical.

I checked the service manual, which covers all of the magazines. There is no mention of a "stick" in the exploded parts diagram nor in the parts list.
    There's also no reference to such an item in the user's manual. I find no such in any of my A12 magazines that I opened up to check.

It sounds to me like there's a problem in the film counter, and somebody provided this "stick" as a way of resetting the counter, thus allowing the back to function sort of.

- Leigh
    Thank you so much, Leigh.
    I think you are right.
    This little stick relate with the counter, my main problem is 1. the counter stay between 4-5 won't back to 0 even I take out the insert 2. when I shot, the film won't pass.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I think he means the stainless shaft that pushes against theinsert---this comes up and the counter re-sets to zero--just like all the other mags....

mrlakey DO you have something else besides the metal shaft in there---you better show a pic--I hear stick and I think the stainless spring loaded shaft in the mag---if that;s it, then it's normal--what is not normal is pushing it and THEN the counter resets to zero...when the insert comes out it's supposed to pop up and reset to zero...it helps push out the insert---maybe the spring in that is hanging...

try shooting without film and see if you get past 5
    Hey! John, thanks buddy, You are right.
    It's the stainless shaft.
    In my case, this shaft won't pop up, forever remain inside...
    This must be the main cause.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    yes...there's a spring return in it...maybe it's just jammed inside from somebody forcefully pushing on it---ask that Leigh dude if he has any ideas to get it to pop up again--I was never inside one this deep (yet)....OH...maybe PULL it out with needle nosed pliers????? that may reset the thing...I know its' a pain, but if it gets it to work(for now)....hey...
    Um,,,I don't think this gonna work...

Thanks anyway

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin