Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,938   Posts: 1,557,278   Online: 1130

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Hasselblad Acute Matte screen, PME5 finder and madness.

Hello all.

I have a Hasselblad 501CM. I believe it has the Acute Matte focus screen, because it is nice and bright, even though it does not have the 2 "D" shaped notches on the frame.

I also have the PME5 metered finder. I have confirmed the finder reads 1 stop low compared to other cameras and my handheld meter.

Can anyone suggest if I have a problem with the meter in the PME5 or is this Acute Matte screen the wrong screen and I should get a Acute Matte "D" screen....which has these notches.

I have Wildi's book and looking as hard as I can I find nothing to suggest anything one way or another.

The easiest way would be to try the PME5 head on another camera with the Acute Matte "D" screen but there is no one, close buy, who has one of these that I know.

Thoughts? Any help would be appreciated.

Paul

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You may want to check this thread. Certain prisms have a problem with certain screens. While the PME5 isn't specifically mentioned in that article, it seems similar to what you're experiencing
    http://photo.net/medium-format-photography-forum/009K0Q

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for this.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin