Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,568   Posts: 1,573,506   Online: 704

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    The tessar is quite amazing. Mine has bad fungus over it, even so it grabs great detail. Mine does not vignette. Internet is down so I'm on my phone and can't upload examples.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have a 521/16 with the fast f/3.5 Novar. I don't think I would shoot it wide open unless as a last resort, because of both the optics and the difficulty of hitting focus with that depth of field. Nevertheless, from f/5.6 on down it's a pretty sweet performer. Certainly not as good as the Tessar versions, but at least as enlargeable as a nice 35mm lens. It's also extremely pocketable, and because it was so cheap I take it places I would not take an expensive setup.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by pbromaghin View Post
    I did shoot a roll of Velvia last fall and it was pretty disastrous. I had thought the lens just didn't handle color properly. From this test it's pretty obvious it was the photographer's fault.
    For slide film I would suggest you upgrade your Mark-I Eyeball Sunny 16 light meter (which is generally sufficiently accurate with negative) with Any Brand can Work SBC incident light meter. Your results will miraculously upgrade from pretty disastrous to pretty well exposed as well
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Diapositivo View Post
    For slide film I would suggest you upgrade your Mark-I Eyeball Sunny 16 light meter (which is generally sufficiently accurate with negative) with Any Brand can Work SBC incident light meter. Your results will miraculously upgrade from pretty disastrous to pretty well exposed as well
    Good advice. I intentionally have never used a meter when shooting this camera. I am trying to improve the Mark-I Eyeball. It was a bad idea to do it with Velvia, though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin