Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,011   Posts: 1,524,653   Online: 913

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

Osram Flash Question..

Hey All,

Finally came across a flash that I can mount to the right side of my Mamiya, it's an Osram BSC 44 Studio. Thing is, this flash is near impossible to find so my question is which comparable flashes allow for mounting to the right side with a bracket that mounts to the tripod mount? I stumbled across an Agfatronic 643cs which was a close match but only allowed for mounting on the left. I'd prefer vintage over new so... Ideas?

Thanks,
    Brandon

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello,
    the flashes of the Metz 45 CT- and 60 CT-series are mounted with a foldable rail beneath the body. This rail is mounted with a metal band at the grip of the flash. You can loosen this mount and turn it by 180°, so you get the rail on the left side of the grip and the flash on the right side of your camera. You also can mount the rail higher on the grip of the flash to get the reflector lower for working at close distances.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The large Sunpak 622s are reversible as well, so is the Pentax AF400T, also made by Sunpak.
    Bob

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Thanks everyone. I am actively keeping an eye open for any one of these. Looks like the AF400T is still sold as new? That's odd.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Ok, so I was able to get my hands on the Pentax AF400T but one thing is unclear. My Universal takes the older PC sync connector and I cannot find out exactly which type sync cable I can use with this combo. Anyone familiar with this particular type of flash?

Many Thanks!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandonium View Post
    Ok, so I was able to get my hands on the Pentax AF400T but one thing is unclear. My Universal takes the older PC sync connector and I cannot find out exactly which type sync cable I can use with this combo. Anyone familiar with this particular type of flash?

Many Thanks!
    If it was made by Sunpak, it probably uses their proprietary plug... Flash Zebra has a pretty good selection of cables at decent prices, and they should stock a few with that end on it.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin