Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,546,022   Online: 1006

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Alas, unless it's in English or Indonesian it will be useless to me...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by TimVermont View Post
    Hi Pam,

The battery indicator is in the green bar at the top of the viewfinder, left side if you are using a prism finder. A full battery is indicated by a fully colored in (w black) battery shape. The first thing to do is remove the battery & charge it. Then remove the lens and use a cotton swab dampened (not wet) with alcohol to clean the contacts on both the lens (contact bridge) and camera. After they dry and the battery charges, put it all back together, set the shutter off "A" (a numbered speed) and try to fire it. You need the manual. I may have an English PDF at home, PM me. If you have a manual, find the part at the back about resetting all of the custom settings and do that.
    Will give cleaning the points a go. Would "pm" you if I knew what that meant - new to this kind of forum.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    [QUOTE=Lowly;1343370]Battery indicator - Is this the integral or integral-2?)

Its an Integral, not an integral 2, which would explain why I can't see the battery symbol. Thanks for the tip. And it doesnt seem to matter what shutter speed I'm using. It was sometimes opening but seems determined to stay closed now no matter what combo of shutter speed and aperture I'm using.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's pretty good of the seller to send you a new battery and lens! As ic-racer said, the battery is probably the cause.

The 6008 is a pretty good camera - I use it as my point-and-shoot - but it does have some areas of weakness if they aren't serviced.

Battery is probably the first thing to check - charge it up and see how much charge the camera thinks it has. If it dies quickly the cells might need replacing (easily bought of e*ay and installed with a bit of fiddling, or get a local battery shop to do it). Once the cells were replaced my camera never seems to run out of power.

Otherwise clean all the contacts (battery, lens, film back, shutter ring). If that doesn't work you might need a refund from the seller (although the Xenotar is a nice lens).

Keep us informed on what you find. It's always good knowing what can go wrong and what the solution was.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "The 6008 is a pretty good camera - I use it as my point-and-shoot - but it does have some areas of weakness if they aren't serviced."
    That gave me a chuckle. My 6008AF is so accurate at focus confirmation and metering that I sometimes feel like just a porter walking it around....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowly View Post

Keep us informed on what you find. It's always good knowing what can go wrong and what the solution was.
    Thanks, will do.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If nothing else helps, try to use http://www.paepke-fototechnik.de/

They service all Rolleiflex cameras. My SLX is being serviced at the moment. It's in Germany, so might be a bit far from N. America...
    AOrta magazine / our FB page

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin