Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,578   Posts: 1,545,725   Online: 905

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Problem with Rolleiflex 6008 integral

Hi there, I.ve just purchased a secondhand Rollei 6008 integral with a xenotar lens. I'm finding the leaf shutters of the lens are remaining closed after shots. Perhaps jammed? I also can't find a manual online anywhere. I'm also having difficulty figuring out where the battery charge level indicator is on the camera. Can anyone help? Thanks, Pam

Hi Pam: I hate to ask, but can the seller help you? Was the kit in any way guaranteed to be working? There are some Rollei repair people here, but the names escape me. I shall try to remember.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I have a manual in PDF format. However, it is in German. If that might help, please send me a PM and I will forward the file to an email address

Jed

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Pam,

The battery indicator is in the green bar at the top of the viewfinder, left side if you are using a prism finder. A full battery is indicated by a fully colored in (w black) battery shape. The first thing to do is remove the battery & charge it. Then remove the lens and use a cotton swab dampened (not wet) with alcohol to clean the contacts on both the lens (contact bridge) and camera. After they dry and the battery charges, put it all back together, set the shutter off "A" (a numbered speed) and try to fire it. You need the manual. I may have an English PDF at home, PM me. If you have a manual, find the part at the back about resetting all of the custom settings and do that.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Here is the manual. I hope it helps. http://www.cameramanuals.org/rolleif...lex_6008-2.pdf

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Could this be a "sticky diaphram" problem? (i.e. oil leaking onto the blades)...If so a lens service & clean should clear it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Probably a dead battery.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Battery indicator - Is this the integral or integral-2? Off the top of my head - the integral will show the charge status when you first turn it on (it says Charge=[1-10], then Charge when the battery is about to die) The integral-2 will show the battery status at the top right of the display (as stated above).

When you say the shutter remains closed after shots - does that mean they do eventually re-open? What shutter speed are you using?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahler_one View Post
    Hi Pam: I hate to ask, but can the seller help you? Was the kit in any way guaranteed to be working? There are some Rollei repair people here, but the names escape me. I shall try to remember.
    What a lovely community of people! Thanks everyone for your responses. The seller is helping me out with a new battery and a test lens, but it may take some time to get to me in Australia, so I'll see what I can do in the meantime based on the advice above.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks very much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin