Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,746   Posts: 1,515,662   Online: 747

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

Super Ikonta 532/12 body release not working

I can advance the film and trip the shutter using the lever on the lens, but the body shutter release won't move

David

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What a shame.

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Do you wind far enough? I recall that the 533 I had (same mechanics) had some sort of interlock that would not allow you to fire the shutter button unless you fully wound the film.
    And the sign said, "long haired freaky people need not apply"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Please post a picture of the camera. I don't know what a 532/12 looks like.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You need to wind on the film until it stops then you can cock the shutter and release it with the top button.

If you just want to quickly test the shutter or do double exposures you can just cock the shutter and fire it by pressing the side linkage next to the lens.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Newt_on_Swings View Post
    You need to wind on the film until it stops then you can cock the shutter and release it with the top button.

If you just want to quickly test the shutter or do double exposures you can just cock the shutter and fire it by pressing the side linkage next to the lens.
    That's what I have been doing.

I shall probably find a professional repair sevice that doesnt have a four year waiting list

david

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Paul Ebel in Wisconsin just did a great CLA on my 521/16. He estimated total turnaround time would be about 4 weeks and that's what it was. Price was right - neither expensive nor cheap.

You can email him at paulebel44@yahoo.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    You probably have a 532/16 -- there is no /12 designation in this model (or possibly any Zeiss Ikon camera ???).

One thing to try:

1) Remove the film.

2) Using your thumb, press and turn the frame counter dial in a clockwise position until it clicks/locks at "1." You might be able to move the film advance knob a bit.

3) Tension the shutter and see if you can release it with the body release.

4) If you can, then use your thumb to push and advance the frame counter to "2." Tension and release the shutter.

5) Do this for all 11 frames.

Now, load your film normally until "1" appears in the red window. Once "1" is in the red window, slide the cover until it's closed. Press and turn the frame counter until it clicks/locks at "1."

If none of this works, it's likely that the camera will need to be serviced. It could be anything from a blocked release to a problem with the shutter or the small release lever or something else.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Ok folks, so it is a 532/16..... But working on the principle that it was not broken, and all it needed was a little working of the mechanism, I was able to push the frame counter down and around and move the 60 year old grease and voila!!!! It was a sticky interlock mechanism which now works fine. And now I have a minimally used 532/16 with a flawless coated f/2.8 Tessar

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin