Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,689   Posts: 1,548,817   Online: 1075

Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2678910111213141516171822 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter View Post
    Rolls Eyes...

YOU might think they are cool but I bought them because they are what works for me. They are tools.

And the Deardorff sits on a Bogen with a Gitzo3 head. Cool? Who cares?

tim in san jose
    Well of course you bought them because they work for you. They wouldn't be cool otherwise, they'd just be an affectation.

I think you just don't understand others concept of And that's ok.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertil View Post
    Then we have the hold bunch of folders (not hard to get), at least some would fit any idéa of "coolness": my favourite is a Zeiss Super Ikonta, 6x,6 with Tessar 3,5/75mm, with coupled rangfinder; not just cool, also really SUPER! As to sharpness...
    The chrome face Zeiss Super Iknota (532/16) 6x6 was not just cool, it was the epitome of cameras. Likenesses of it were used as Christmas tree ornaments, as indications of cameras, etc. That was for more than 20 years, and long after the quit making the camera. Mostly by folks that had never used one, because they really had their idiosyncrasies, 11 exposures per roll, 5 foot minimum focus, etc. What they were in their time, I think, is the most expensive folding roll film camera, in the days when roll film cameras were the norm.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Anybody already came up with a Night Exakta and its super-fast 80/2 lens?

Shooter
    35mm
    Coolest looking? Rollei SL66 simply because it looks like a Hasselblad, but a bit classier.
    Coolest to use (in my experience) Mamiya 7 with 43mm lens.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Cool to whom and what's your definition of it?

I'd rather have people NOT notice my camera for many reasons. I've been thinking about camera with movements AND use roll film. (Like Horseman) I just can't afford it. I'm contradicting myself, I know.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

NJS
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    first I bought a Pentacon Six and I thought it was a cool piece of camera. then I got a M645 1000s and I thought it had the best ergonomics and handling... then I saw Bronica SQ-A on some photo and thought to myself 'what kind of alien piece of gear is that!?' so I knew I had to get one eventually, too, just as I did.
    Now I'm eyeing a Rolllei SL66E.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    For me, the "coolest" camera has got to be my quite-possibly-one-of-a-kind Yashica 635, as it seems to be the only known 635 to come from the factory with black radial control wheels. Truth be told, I think all TLR's are cool!

Glen

Last edited by camperbc; 07-04-2012 at 05:47 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    graflex speed graphic. mmmmmmmmm

Shooter
    Large Format
    Here we go, the strangest one I could find, thanks to Roger Cole in the Seagull TLR thread.
    The Seagull 3d camera. http://www.camerachina.com/productxx.asp?id=1564
    Just look at that heap of magnificence (joke.)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    ... or this:

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin