Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,274   Posts: 1,534,635   Online: 1074

Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 37891011121314151617181923 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes Leon; that one is distinctly beautiful!
    Pentax 67ii, Fuji GF670, Mamiya 6, Pentax 645N
    Chemical Cameras
    My Galleries

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I agree with revdocjim - "wub" at first sight!
    Last edited by Jerevan; 07-07-2012 at 05:09 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Medium Format
    For me, it's an Art Deco Rolleicord. I'm still looking for a clean example that's 100% functional.

Shooter
    Large Format
    What about the Hasselblad EL? Having gone to the moon makes that model camera interesting and the moon camera specifically quite cool.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    For me, it's an Art Deco Rolleicord. I'm still looking for a clean example that's 100% functional.
    Definitely!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Discoman View Post
    What about the Hasselblad EL? Having gone to the moon makes that model camera interesting and the moon camera specifically quite cool.
    Alternately very cool and very hot. The moon camera(s) are still on the moon. If you insist on coolness being equated with having been on the moon or not, then men are cooler than women, no woman having stood on the moon.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I define cool as neat, has the wow factor, draws attention, etc.. Plastic does not make the cut. The choice has to be a classic & therefore a mechanical wonder. My vote is for the Rolleifex TLR. So refined dressed out in a simple black cocktail dress.
    RJ

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've gone back in time getting a 6x9 Ensign Speed Film Reflex with the fastest lens it was sold with a 4" f3.4 Aldis Butcher. I need to replace the shutter curtains and then . . . . . . . start shooting.

Will post some photos in a day or two in a seperate thread.

Ian
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ensign-advert-sm.jpg  
    Last edited by Ian Grant; 07-16-2012 at 12:37 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Ian,

how's the other projects going - the one with the new-made mirror (Thornton-Pickard?) - you seem to have gotten into the restoration business.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My restorations go in fits and starts at the moment depending on time constraints and demands at home (I'm my mothers carer as she has dementia plus getting my house restorations finished to sell it).

Apart from the TP Ruby Reflex I have 5 TP (or similar) roller blind shutters in bits needing new shutter curtains then re-assembly, I've french polished the cases just need to clean the brasswork etc as well. On top of that I'm doing odd restoration jobs for others inc parts for a US restorer like a 6'x8" shutter curtain for a RB Reflex Graflex, bellows and screens etc.

Ian

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin