Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,553   Posts: 1,646,401   Online: 947

Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1115161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Bronica SQ-B for 6x6 format (and a lot of fun) or Bronica RF645 for a rather compact and easy to use rangefinder camera, with excellent lightmeter and very nice glass too.

Bert from Holland
    http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Mamiya C330f, Nikon S2, Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T, Nikon F4s, Olympus Pen FT, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Some excellent folding cameras have been overlooked here!

Going on results for the money and portability, which usually means you get to use them more...

AGFA Record III with Solinar (although the much cheaper Apotars are pretty good too).
    Voigtlander Perkeo II
    Mamiya-6 Folding

RR

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a few MF cameras, just took their temperatures. All are a room temperature, none is cooler than that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    IF your friends are like mine, a Century Graphic has way more coolness factor than the modern designs most listed here.

Anecdotes are not data, however

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawaiithulhu View Post
    IF your friends are like mine, a Century Graphic has way more coolness factor than the modern designs most listed here.

Anecdotes are not data, however
    Nope, room temperature like all the others.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    eddym in post #161 hit the nail on the head for me! The Linhof 220 is without a doubt the coolest medium format camera and one I have always lusted after, but never owned. I have and still do own many more cameras than I should have a right to and for a while in the 80's to around 2000 setup and sold at Midwest camera shows. I've had many different cameras in my procession, but never a Linhof 220. Someday before I go to the big camera show in the sky I will own one. I hope? JW

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nobody's mentioned the Combat Graphic/ KE-4? http://www.pinterest.com/pin/101823641545092773/ One of Hubert Nerwin's creations.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'd say the coolest would be the modified Hasselblads that are sitting on the moon. Nothing more awesome than the camera that went with man to the moon!
    New-ish convert to film.
    Pentax MX for 35mm
    Bronica ETRS for 645

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    The only medium format camera I own is a Hassy, but one of my students who was looking in the camera cupboard at college pointed to a Rolleicord and said can I borrow that really cool camera. So my vote goes to this and for also that it's not a Rolleiflex, which I think are a bit over rated.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    The only medium format camera I own is a Hassy...
    I thought you were going to purchase a pocketable 120 folder of some sort?

Ken
    "When making a portrait, my approach is quite the same as when I am portraying a rock. I do not wish to impose my personality upon the sitter, but, keeping myself open to receive reactions from his own special ego, record this with nothing added: except of course when I am working professionally, when money enters in,—then for a price, I become a liar..."

— Edward Weston, Daybooks, Vol. II, February 2, 1932

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin