Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,011   Posts: 1,524,666   Online: 802

Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1216171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    IF your friends are like mine, a Century Graphic has way more coolness factor than the modern designs most listed here.

Anecdotes are not data, however

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawaiithulhu View Post
    IF your friends are like mine, a Century Graphic has way more coolness factor than the modern designs most listed here.

Anecdotes are not data, however
    Nope, room temperature like all the others.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    eddym in post #161 hit the nail on the head for me! The Linhof 220 is without a doubt the coolest medium format camera and one I have always lusted after, but never owned. I have and still do own many more cameras than I should have a right to and for a while in the 80's to around 2000 setup and sold at Midwest camera shows. I've had many different cameras in my procession, but never a Linhof 220. Someday before I go to the big camera show in the sky I will own one. I hope? JW

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nobody's mentioned the Combat Graphic/ KE-4? http://www.pinterest.com/pin/101823641545092773/ One of Hubert Nerwin's creations.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'd say the coolest would be the modified Hasselblads that are sitting on the moon. Nothing more awesome than the camera that went with man to the moon!
    New-ish convert to film.
    Pentax MX for 35mm
    Bronica ETRS for 645

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    The only medium format camera I own is a Hassy, but one of my students who was looking in the camera cupboard at college pointed to a Rolleicord and said can I borrow that really cool camera. So my vote goes to this and for also that it's not a Rolleiflex, which I think are a bit over rated.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    The only medium format camera I own is a Hassy...
    I thought you were going to purchase a pocketable 120 folder of some sort?

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    I thought you were going to purchase a pocketable 120 folder of some sort?

Ken
    Yes, you are correct and I do have a 120 folder, but can't remember which one.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format

'Coolest' Medium Format Camera?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Raymond Loewy's Anscoflex II

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin