Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,705   Online: 730

Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1317181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by fretlessdavis View Post
    I'd say the coolest would be the modified Hasselblads that are sitting on the moon. Nothing more awesome than the camera that went with man to the moon!
    Actually not as cool, rather out of this World.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Started with a Century Graphic, which yielded some nice 2X3 sheet negatives. But the lens shutter locked up, and I couldn't figure how to adjust the rangefinder for a longer lens. And looking thru the bellows is like looking at the starry heaven on a clear night.
    Got a couple of Mamiyas (C330) and still use them for indoor shots (eg, portraits and figure studies). But, with hanging them around my neck, I felt like I was developing a vulture's swayed long neck.
    Now I am using a Bronica SQ-A (a poor man's Hassy), and really like the results. Only problem is long exposures - can do them but with a poorly designed kludge solution.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    35mm
    My vote still goes to the Horseman SW612 and SW617 series.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    From the uniquely cool perspective, I have to also go along with the Fujifilm GF670.

A modern-day medium format folding bellows camera? With a choice of either 6x6 or 6x7 formats? And a killer modern meter? Brand new? No wear and tear? Under warranty? Parts and service easily and cheerfully available? With a modern Fuji EBC coated lens that is so sharp the photos will make your eyes bleed? And a killer accurate electronic shutter? That is so quiet it's impossible to even hear from six inches away? And the whole tomato can be slipped into an oversized coat pocket?

Geez, only a few years ago who would have thought such a thing would even be available ever again? Me thinks the 'cool' factor needle has been pinned. Gads, in a pinch the thing is even a serviceable chick magnet that doesn't require puppy food...

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    35mm

laugh

In my humbug opinion if one does not have an active sense of humor one should perhaps not shoot film. My vote is for the Praktisix with a 180mm f2.8 Olympic Sonnar and pentaprism. Takes fabulous photos, too.
    Does anyone know why Yankee Doodle put a feather in his cap, as the old tune says? Because he thought it made him look cool. And he spilled his blood so we could be free. Think about it. Nothing wrong with a small diversion once in a while.

Shooter
    Medium Format

Rollei TLR cameras..

I would say as others.. The Rolleiflex TLR camera with light meter. I get approuched all the time in regards on a cool and beautiful it is. I have mine pimped out with gourgous Eveready leather body case and leather brown shoulder strap.

ToddB

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddB View Post
    I would say as others.. The Rolleiflex TLR camera with light meter. I get approuched all the time in regards on a cool and beautiful it is. I have mine pimped out with gourgous Eveready leather body case and leather brown shoulder strap.

ToddB
    If you were really pimped out with Rolleis then you would have a normal focal length Rollei, a wide angle Rollei and a tele-Rollei hanging around your neck. Now THAT would be pimped out in Rolleis!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think my Medalist looks like it could produce steam-punk death rays.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If you were really pimped out with Rolleis then you would have a normal focal length Rollei, a wide angle Rollei and a tele-Rollei hanging around your neck. Now THAT would be pimped out in Rolleis!

Good point.. That would be a beautiful piece of neck jewelry.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddB View Post

Good point.. That would be a beautiful piece of neck jewelry.
    And you could post it at this forum as well
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin