Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,223   Posts: 1,532,521   Online: 1131

Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172122232425262728293031 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My P67 was hot once; now it's cool, and it's easy to warm up to. My C330 was hip once; now it's not even rad. But my Shen-Hao is, like, OMG...WTF...dude!!
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Dawg, droppin it like it's hot...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by blockend View Post
    Having worked with medium format cameras since the seventies, it's challenging to conceive of a large, heavy, squarish optical device design as cool. My fear is people are really asking, 'how does this camera look on me' as opposed to 'how do I carry this around to make pictures smaller cameras can't manage'. As far as jewellery goes, it takes real commitment to carry, say, an RB67 round in the hope of a chance shot, even if people think it looks nice slung on their hip. I admire such cojones, without any wish to go in that direction personally.

If you love nice big negatives, and want to adopt them as a standard, get the lightest medium format camera you can find and leave cool for people who don't mind grooves in their shoulder.
    I happen be one of the crazies who enjoys carrying an RB67 around, I mean it does only weigh 4 or 5 lbs. Just yesterday my best friend and I went on a 2.5 mile hike through the mud and snow I drug along the RB with 90mm, my Gossen Luna Pro F, and 3 rolls of TMAX 100. That's the third or fourth time I've hiked with it and I'm good to go at 1/30 or faster. If I had to get rid of all of my camera but one I'd keep the RB. But I understand those that don't wanna carry a 5 lb. camera.
    Mamiya RB67 Pro-S, Mamiya-Sekor 90mm F=3.8C

Zeiss Ikon Ikonta M 524/16, Novar-Anastigmat 75mm F=3.5

Nikon FTn, Nikkor H.C 50mm F=2

www.flickr.com/photos/shootfilm08

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ambaker View Post
    Dawg, droppin it like it's hot...

Made me somehow think of Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms ...

Bert from Holland
    http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM-25 View Post
    I think this camera which I am using right now in the scene before you is pretty "cool"...
    Love the prism.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrybro View Post
    Love the prism.
    The sticker, love the company, local guys who made it happen...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/77846450@N00/12414691803/
    According to my students 'this' is rather cool

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Fujica GL690B + 100/3.5AE + Auto Up (or) 50/5.6 lens
    Rittreck 66+ 80/2.0
    Linhof 617
    Noblex 150

Texsport

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    That's Fujica G690BL

Sorry

Texsport

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Not in any order because theres no way I could decide but...

-GX680, sheet film sort of scares me so if I wanted to be able to do some minor movements it'd be a good choice. I also think the fact that it shoots 6x8 is rare, unique and cool, not 6x7, not 6x9, FRICKEN IN BETWEEN AT 6x8! So cool...I suppose its a revival of one of the older medium formats that got lost (forgot the specifics). But yeah I'd like to rent a GX680 some time....Idk how much movements you could do with it compared to 4x5 or 8x10 or even how much of an improvement over a tilt shift lens on a 35mm it would be, I imagine itd be well in between but I'd have to see it to believe it

-Mamiya RZ67 Pro, that waist level viewfinder makes my mouth water and its looks are amazing. I'm into cinematography and video as well and while RED cameras aren't my favorite the RED Epic was based on cameras like the RZ67 and Hassleblad 500 series and its a very comfortable way to shoot, especially at slower shutter speeds.

-Fuji GW690 aka the Texas Leica (say it with a Texas accent or it doesn't sound as cool!) hehe I'm biased I have one on the way, but I find the idea of just enlarging a range finder for 120 in 6x9 format as just simple but genius. As much as I love the RZ67 or the various other MF systems, sometimes I don't want a system…I just want a camera that takes sharp pictures if I do everything right. It looks so silly pressed against someones face if they aren't a giant though..I love it! I'm used to SLR's so I suppose the weight/size aspect won't be that big of a deal.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin