Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,699   Posts: 1,549,165   Online: 1189

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1822232425262728293031 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have others, but the coolest must be the 6x9 Graflex SLR with roll-film holder and 127mm Ektar. It's in great working condition and sure draws lots of looks.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Texas Leicas are lighter weight than Nikon F4, F5 and Canon EOS3.

Texsport

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tessar View Post
    I have others, but the coolest must be the 6x9 Graflex SLR with roll-film holder and 127mm Ektar. It's in great working condition and sure draws lots of looks.
    Haha my friend loves his Speed Graphic with a 6x9 roll film holder. Funny he was just talking to me about it when I mentioned my Texas Leica on the way. I definitely like a Graflex, a 4x5 Speed Graphic would be an awesome camera to add to my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Texsport View Post
    Texas Leicas are lighter weight than Nikon F4, F5 and Canon EOS3.

Texsport
    Interesting...I never knew that...even the original one? I'm not talking about the plastic ones like the Fuji GW690III I'm talking about the original Fujica GW690...was thinking of an EOS3 since I shoot Canon DSLR's and have a bunch of Canon glass.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    I just picked up all 4 cameras and there is not a lot of difference amount them. Of course, different lenses have a big effect. The lenses on the Fujica surely have larger diameters.

IN hand, I judge the F5 and F4 are the heaviest, followed by EOS3 and Fujica 690.

I mean the interchangeable lens Fujicas, not the later plastic models.

Remember that a lot of the weight in the big SLRs is the battery weight needed for the auto film advance systems.

Bottom line, if you expect the Fujica to be heavier, you will be surprised!

Texsport

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I finally got to hold a Mamiya 7II today...and I have to say I think that is the coolest MF for me. I like MF and I like Rangefinders...if only it weren't so dang expensive.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by duparis00 View Post
    I finally got to hold a Mamiya 7II today...and I have to say I think that is the coolest MF for me. I like MF and I like Rangefinders...if only it weren't so dang expensive.
    Then you might also like a Bronica RF645. Very nice to handle, excellent glass and not that expensive. A good rangefinder too.
    Negative size 6x4.5 cm.
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheToadMen View Post
    Then you might also like a Bronica RF645. Very nice to handle, excellent glass and not that expensive. A good rangefinder too.
    Negative size 6x4.5 cm.
    Just be aware that when held normally (upright) the RF645 shoots in portrait orientation.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    "There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs" (Ansel Adams)

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew.roos View Post
    Just be aware that when held normally (upright) the RF645 shoots in portrait orientation.
    It does. It was getting used to (a bit) at first, but now I like it. Makes you think about your creative process ...
    Alway a good thing.
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Sure, no problem with it - as a Bronica ETRSi shooter I would love one myself. Just worth mentioning as it is somewhat unusual in this respect.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    "There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs" (Ansel Adams)

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Exakta 66

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin