Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,860   Posts: 1,583,140   Online: 870

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 202425262728293031 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I can never agree which I find coolest - so here's my bunch of favourites... They all offer superb images - just depends on the day...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fav rev.jpg  

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images

SWC

Quote Originally Posted by wwilliams View Post
    I'm a little surprised there are so few votes for the Hasselblad SWC (particularly with the "torpedo" finder). I think it, along with the screw mount Leica's are the most beautiful cameras ever built with the plain prism Nikon F a close second. I'm an architect and what does it for me is the proportion. The SWC body is almost a perfect cube and the lens just about doubles the length to a 2 to 1 rectangle - very pleasing. The idea that it is easily held in one hand and with zone focusing and great depth of field it becomes a real point and shoot. A nearly silent shutter and a satisfying purr of the gears when you advance the film make it into a great picture taking experience.
    I second that!
    I recently got me an old SWC (1965) with chrome lens and shot my first rolls with it in Paris. I just got the negatives developed, but didn't have time yet to scan anything. It's a real nice camera to see and handle. It's light, easy to use and has an great angle of view.
    I really love it.

BTW: I also just got me a Mamiya RB Pro-S with 4 lenses. Also a great working horse. Can't wait to take it out (when it stops raining).
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Nikon S2, Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T, Nikon F4s, Olympus Pen FT, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Hi Stone

Many thanks for taking the time to look and to comment. It is actually a spare room in my flat in Brussels (my workshop is in North Sweden!) and my intention with the whole series is to show my complete workflow for people new to the process or those who feel that they can't allocate space to the process, but in a way that allows us to make analogue photographs without big fixed fancy darkrooms (I use an ice fishing tent!) and without enlargers. Hopefully to help people at least get started, though I don't use an enlarger. I think that this will become more apparent as the series grows, I am only in the early stages yet!

The Fuji is certainly a beast and the negatives are, I think big enough to contact print - though I intend to do so as diptych and triptychs shooting specifically for that purpose - on 10x8 paper, either an AZO type of paper or using Palladium and/or Carbon Transfer

Best wishes

Dave
    A good photograph is one that communicates a fact, touches the heart and leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. Irving Penn
    www.djsp.eu
    www.djsp.eu/blog
    Youtube channel - macgabhan
    fb Djs Photography

Shooter
    35mm
    For me Hasselblad 500 series is the coolest medium format camera. Next will be Contax 645
    website portfolio: http://nicholaskong.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I got one of these (and a couple lenses). It is pretty cool....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Plaubel-Makina-III.jpg  
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    And a beauty it is!

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Nikon S2, Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T, Nikon F4s, Olympus Pen FT, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    That is cool for sure!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    When I want to be ultra-retro-hipster cool, I like using a 2x3 Graflex SLR or 2x3 Crown Graphic with roll-film holders. People like having their pictures taken with one of those.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheToadMen View Post
    And a beauty it is!
    The kind of beauty only parents can see in their children!

But what more can one ask for? Ground glass focusing, or built-in cams for the range focusing. Bellows. Sheet film option. Interchangable lenses. Sports finder. German lenses. Oh, my!

Well, not having to use a separate roll film holder would be nice, but who's asking?! LOL!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PM1.jpg  
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm going with these...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1401494013.992442.jpg  

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin