Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,986   Posts: 1,524,036   Online: 893

Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121317 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by steven_e007 View Post
    The impression I'm getting from this thread, is that ALL medium format cameras are 'cool'
    All MF cameras are cool, but some are cooler than the rest. - humble apology to George Orwell aka Eric Arthur Blair
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    Intrigued by the Canon Adaptor...
    Actually "75mm Adapter" which allows a single set of infinity stops to be used for both a current 65mm lens on recessed board and an older 75mm lens on non-recessed board. Not enough room for two sets of infinity stops that close together.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Fuji GX680 I II or III. Once you use one you will wonder why you did not make the change years ago. I have a Hasselblad and RB67 system but never use them now as I find the GX680 so much better. The prices right now are incredibly cheap - just check Ebay listings.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mamiya Press

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by jgbogner View Post
    Mamiya Press
    +1, pure industrial constructivist coolness.

a c330, which i also use, may look cool, and a rollei/hassy/graflex might look classy, but a mamiya press just looks badass!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    Large and in charge--Mamiya RB67.
    CGW has it right (again!)'

RB67 Pro-S for the win. The 'cool' (groovy?) font of the Pro-S on the camera body matching with the backs is just excellent attention to detail. Besides, with a big 'ol camera like that mounted on a large, modern carbon-fiber tripod in some obscure location is screaming artsy-hipster Professional Photographer.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Any TLR camera I find to be "cool" forget the brainwashed hasselblad groupies that say otherwise. Either a mamiya or rolleiflex should fit the bill.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Linhof's 220 are nice, not legend for me since I have been able to actually touch it. Not really my cup of tea, but really interesting cameras, indeed.

Apart from customized folders, my vote goes for the Plaubel Makina IIIR, closely followed by the KW Pilot Super, closely followed by the KW Patent Etui, closely followed by the Ensign Speed Reflex, closely followed by... well, you get the idea ;-)

Incidentally, I have also had a lot of comments from fellow citizens about my Vitessa. But the only remarkable thing about it - not mentioning the gorgeous Ultron lens -, from my point of view, is the Combi-plunger.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I was at a camera sale a few months ago. I had a Minolta Autocord, Rolleiflex Xenotar 2.8C, Fuji GW690, and Yashica D on the table. The guy next to me had a Hasselblad 500C/M, a Bronica ETR and SQ, and about a dozen Kodak Retinas (ok, yeah, 35mm, but great objects). Guess which one got all the attention, all the oohs and aaahhs?

the Yashica-D. Probably the lowest quality, lowest value of them all. But it had one thing the other cameras didn't have- shiny chrome parts.

People like shiny things.

Myself, the only time I have almost accosted someone on the street to ask about their camera? Mamiya 7. But that's because I haven't looked through one and I wonder if it would work for me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good i have something sexy in my collection

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin