Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,678   Posts: 1,669,309   Online: 885

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121317 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Fuji GX680 I II or III. Once you use one you will wonder why you did not make the change years ago. I have a Hasselblad and RB67 system but never use them now as I find the GX680 so much better. The prices right now are incredibly cheap - just check Ebay listings.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mamiya Press

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by jgbogner View Post
    Mamiya Press
    +1, pure industrial constructivist coolness.

a c330, which i also use, may look cool, and a rollei/hassy/graflex might look classy, but a mamiya press just looks badass!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    Large and in charge--Mamiya RB67.
    CGW has it right (again!)'

RB67 Pro-S for the win. The 'cool' (groovy?) font of the Pro-S on the camera body matching with the backs is just excellent attention to detail. Besides, with a big 'ol camera like that mounted on a large, modern carbon-fiber tripod in some obscure location is screaming artsy-hipster Professional Photographer.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Any TLR camera I find to be "cool" forget the brainwashed hasselblad groupies that say otherwise. Either a mamiya or rolleiflex should fit the bill.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Linhof's 220 are nice, not legend for me since I have been able to actually touch it. Not really my cup of tea, but really interesting cameras, indeed.

Apart from customized folders, my vote goes for the Plaubel Makina IIIR, closely followed by the KW Pilot Super, closely followed by the KW Patent Etui, closely followed by the Ensign Speed Reflex, closely followed by... well, you get the idea ;-)

Incidentally, I have also had a lot of comments from fellow citizens about my Vitessa. But the only remarkable thing about it - not mentioning the gorgeous Ultron lens -, from my point of view, is the Combi-plunger.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I was at a camera sale a few months ago. I had a Minolta Autocord, Rolleiflex Xenotar 2.8C, Fuji GW690, and Yashica D on the table. The guy next to me had a Hasselblad 500C/M, a Bronica ETR and SQ, and about a dozen Kodak Retinas (ok, yeah, 35mm, but great objects). Guess which one got all the attention, all the oohs and aaahhs?

the Yashica-D. Probably the lowest quality, lowest value of them all. But it had one thing the other cameras didn't have- shiny chrome parts.

People like shiny things.

Myself, the only time I have almost accosted someone on the street to ask about their camera? Mamiya 7. But that's because I haven't looked through one and I wonder if it would work for me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good i have something sexy in my collection

Shooter
    Medium Format
    In thinking about it, I think the Polaroid 180 and 195 I have. When I used them more people would comment on them than even my Rollei. Seemed every familt has cool memories of their father having one or them owning one in their younger years. Of course they were referring to the autopack cameras though a few did mention they had the 180 or the 195 but they tended to be less gushing as they tended to be more into the hobby including the equipment.

Next as for the stuff I've owned would be the Exactas that it seemed many returning service personnel from Europe seemed to bring back with them and remembered fondly; then the Rollei, again, memories form returning service persons. Seemed in the '50s and '60s cameras and stero gear were standard fare for returning service persons to buy before mustering out.

Shooter
    35mm
    Bronica s2

It's chrome like the hassy. Also the clattering of the shutter is so loud that even if you don't want to draw attention, you certainly will. Besides all that, it got a nice "3d look" with the nikkor lenses and quite affordable.
    Last edited by markldn; 05-29-2012 at 10:49 AM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin