Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,986   Posts: 1,524,036   Online: 891

Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141519 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Another vote for the Pentax 6X7.

For pinholes, the Zero Image 6X9 is pretty cool.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The 500c with the chrome lens, or the c/m with black lens.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Of the cameras I have owned, the Mamiya Universal Press with the 100/2.8 was the coolest. I mean 120, 220, and Polaroid. And on that Polaroid, think of it, a Polaroid with a 100mm f/2.8 lens that was sharp from corner to corner! It seemed to draw the most attention of anything I regularly used.

Of the cameras I currently have, I think the Iskra is the coolest. Proof that our government lied to us when they said that the Russians could not make great stuff. It seems to have the sharpest Tessar pattern lenses of anything I have seen, even web sized scans look incredible.

I think the Hapo 66e (rebranded Balda Baldix RF) gets the most comments. Usually of the "Nice camera!" sort, so I guess it wins "Coolest to non-photographers". Or maybe it is because it is obviously an old camera that looks pretty much like new. It is also my favorite pocket camera (it's a 6x6 folding 120 camera). I only wish it had a more sophisticated shutter on it. Some day I might find a nice clean Baldax (coupled RF version) that I can afford.

Another folder that I rate as way-cool is the Kodak Duo-620, I have not gotten around to re-spooling film for it, so I have not actually used it yet. What I find fascinating is that Amelia Earhart supposedly carried one like it on her ill fated round the world flight.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Two way tie between a Rolleiflex (or cord) and the Hasselblad 500 series with the chrome 80 f2.8 planar lens.
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The fact that I own so many medium format cameras is proof of my inability to decide which one wins!
    Right now I'm particularly interested in rangefinders. These three have been staying on my desk whenever I'm not using them, just so I can enjoy looking at them.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dsc06609.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	314.4 KB 
ID:	52879

Name:	dsc09810.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	679.0 KB 
ID:	52880

Name:	dsc09924.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	577.7 KB 
ID:	52881

I also am very attracted to all four of my Bronica SLRs and even the Mamiya 645 Pro TL. But without a doubt the SLR that feels the best in my hand is the Pentax 645N.
    Pentax 67ii, Fuji GF670, Mamiya 6, Pentax 645N
    Chemical Cameras
    My Galleries

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mamiya RB67 is my cool medium format. For the neatest the ISKRA 2 always gets the looks. Regards.
    Kodachrome Rules:)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    All RB/RZ users should be familiar with the random "What kind of movie are you shooting?" passerby. I can't count how many times that's happened. Of course, a smile and a short, down to earth explanation usually helps. Showing people the viewfinder is also quite rewarding, for those who have never gazed directly upon a ground glass.
    In other worlds he has
    darker days, blacker swells.
    Strokes that mix noir revenge
    on waves of grey.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yahica mat 124
    but otherwise, I prefer a Rollei 6000 series

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by EKDobbs View Post
    All RB/RZ users should be familiar with the random "What kind of movie are you shooting?" passerby. I can't count how many times that's happened. Of course, a smile and a short, down to earth explanation usually helps. Showing people the viewfinder is also quite rewarding, for those who have never gazed directly upon a ground glass.
    Am I the only one who has had to explain the ground glass and repeat that no, it is not electronic and does not use batteries? (Yaschiamat in my case.)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    for sheer design and aesthetics ... it has to be the Bronica C:

Name:	dsc028471.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	221.3 KB 
ID:	52973

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin