Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,709   Posts: 1,548,620   Online: 1181

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    35mm
    my best film score ever was running into an assistant to some big pro in LA who demanded all his film unwrapped on set but then ended up using half of it. I got the unwrapped rolls (portra & tri-x) for a buck a roll. he kept the unwrapped rolls in a large lightproof bag. I never had any issue using them just pulled out of the big bag.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Other meaning of "fanny pack"?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by KenR View Post
    Actually, it's the "fanny" part which has another meaning in the UK. 30 or so years ago I used the term "fanny pack" around a young Englishwoman (what I said was, "You want a fanny pack?") and she looked at me with a startled expression and blushed a bit. Her boyfriend later told me why.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by KenR View Post
    Female only... and to the front!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    LOL!!! Ya gotta love the Brits.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    A couple of other solutions besides Adox canisters and DIY bodged-together 35mm ones: One of the standard or common sizes of plastic pill jars handed out by US pharmacies is ideal 120 size. I have a family member who is on a medicine for life that she gets in jars of that size, so I have unlimited supply. (Another common size is same diameter, but taller, which would still work albeit with some rattling about of the film.) Remove labels, spray-paint black, and you're ready to go. And they've got child-proof caps! So if your toddler gets at your kit bag, maybe that stops her opening your 120 films to the sun.

There are also black nylon (?) bags. I have a thin one that holds about 15 120 films (if unboxed). I believe it is the leftover (so, "free") carrying bag from a laptop computer locking cable. It is a slightly loose weave so probably not 100% light-tight, but surely provides more darkness than if I left the exposed films naked, and saves the weight of individual canisters/jars when I'm weight-constrained (hiking, etc.). I use it in replacement of the film/miscellany pouch that came with one of my camera bags. That pouch is an even looser, almost translucent weave in light grey. Who thought of that?!

--Dave

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin