Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,898   Posts: 1,584,364   Online: 739

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

help on Mamiya c330 jammed focusing rack - repair manual

The focusing rack of my C330f jammed without any apparent reason.
    At first I noticed increased resistance of the focusing knob when moving the rack out from the camera for about an inch.
    Then I made several complete movemements of the rack from the rest position to maximum extension and back, the rack looked perfectly aligned and the camera has suffered no hit, but there was a noticeably resistance for the first inch of travel.

Today I tried operating the focusing knob as usual but I noticed a very strong resistance and didnt want to force the movement, the brake focus lever is not engaged.

I am wondering if this has ever happened to someone, I do not know of any Mamiya repairman in my area and I am looking for the C330 repair manual if someone has one to share

thanks

Shooter
    Large Format
    Had a focusing rack problem with my C330, and KEH fixed it. You might request a quote from them.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dismount and re-mount the lens.

IIRC, the lens release mechanism can sometimes interact with the focusing.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    At the end the issue was with dirt on the focusing rack.
    I unscrewed the six screws that are on the bottom of the camera and removed the bottom plate that allows seeing the focusing rack.
    It just needed cleaning and a little lube.
    Now the focusing rack moves so smoothly!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    glad you solved the problem emmef2. I actually have a copy of the C330f service manual if you or others ever needed me to reference it I'd be happy to.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks Peter, I will keep that in mind

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Open the botom plate, you'll see the rack there n can find what is hanging it up.

edit.. oops, see you already did that. Glad you figured it out.
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi, I'm new to the forum, also own a Mamiya C220 and a C330f, after the presentation I tell you that I have intended to repair the C330f on my own browsing this forum and I see the friend PeterB has the service manual of this camera, which I do not find her anywhere.
    As I do not know which way I PeterB address reopened this post with the intention of bringing you the message if you will kindly have fun by e-mail to my mail.
    Again I am new to the forum and am a little lost. If this is not the proper procedure apologize.
    Greetings to all.
    Ricangel.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ricangel View Post
    Hi, I'm new to the forum, also own a Mamiya C220 and a C330f, after the presentation I tell you that I have intended to repair the C330f on my own browsing this forum and I see the friend PeterB has the service manual of this camera, which I do not find her anywhere.
    As I do not know which way I PeterB address reopened this post with the intention of bringing you the message if you will kindly have fun by e-mail to my mail.
    Again I am new to the forum and am a little lost. If this is not the proper procedure apologize.
    Greetings to all.
    Ricangel.
    Welcome to APUG ricangel.

If you want to contact PeterB (or anyone else here on APUG) just click on their name beside one of their posts.

You should see a number of options come up, including "Send a Private Message" and possibly "Send email".

"Private Messaging" is often referred to as "PM"ing.

Click on the option you want to use, and send your message.

If you are asking for a scan of a manual, it is best to send an email address, because it is difficult to send large attachments using the Private Messaging function.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Good to see the C330 being used, I had one for years, and have always regarded it as an underrated system. Most of my stock sales on tranny film over the years has come from the Mamiya.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin