Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,871   Posts: 1,583,405   Online: 1078

Shooter
    35mm RF

Minolta autocord problem.Your input appreciated

This camera has a problem with wind on.I have put up with the problem for a couple of years but now is the time to get it sorted out.
    After taking a picture the wind on will operate perhaps 1/10th of the full cycle, to bring up next frame i need to wind the lever 8-9 times.I can wind on to the next frame in this fashion OR if i sweep the focus lever 3-5 times first then the wind on will operate correctly.This has me confused as i cannot see how the focus lever could effect the wind on.
    The frame spacing on negatives is fine regardless.
    The only possible cause i can come up with is in the attached photos of the back door and a small button which the door should push in when closed.I have a Meopta TLR that has a similar [ i believe] set up.
    On the Autocord it looks to me that the door does not fully connect with this button.Could this be the problem?
    Asking for advice before i play around and make matters worseClick image for larger version. 

Name:	DCPB UTTON.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	125.9 KB 
ID:	52036Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DCP door.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	135.2 KB 
ID:	52037

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The door doesn't appear to be the problem. All looks right in both photos. If this wasn't working properly, the counter wouldn't move and winding would never stop.

There are a couple of levers that travel from the lens board into the wind side of the camera. I bet that by moving the lens board back and forth you jiggle something inside the wind mechanism into its proper position, activate a linkage, or some such change.

All in all, sounds like a dirty wind mechanism needing a good cleaning. Possibly a couple of interlocks adjusted.
    Service manual- https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q...F1WmbOAdnACKFw

The best Autocord repair guy I know is Karl Bryan in Oregon, USA. Along with lots of experience and skill, he's also a helpful man. Send him a note and see what he thinks? If you have him do the work and mailing works out, he'll be quick and thorough. karl.kathy@frontier.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Thanks for the info Dan.Yes what you say does of course make sense.I will do as you suggested and thank you for the links.I will e-mail Karl before i send of to the local repair guy here.
    Yes i had thought that maybe the focus mechanism might jiggle something around and let it fall into the correct position.
    regards

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Daniel View Post
    (BIG snip)......The best Autocord repair guy I know is Karl Bryan in Oregon, USA. Along with lots of experience and skill, he's also a helpful man. Send him a note and see what he thinks? If you have him do the work and mailing works out, he'll be quick and thorough. karl.kathy@frontier.com
    I'll second that! Karl worked on my Autocord a month ago, and his service and workmanship are first rate. He's fast too!!
    When the chips are down,

The buffalo is empty!!!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Just throwing in more praise for Karl Bryan. He replaced the focus lever and lubricated the focus for a very reasonable price.. And had the camera on the way back either the day he took delivery or a day later. Wonderful work and I'd gladly send him work again.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Certainly sounds like the winding gear is either worn or needs a good clean.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The problem is the double exposure is not resetting after you take the picture because of dried grease. Repairing it requires removing the wind side of the camera and cleaning up the interlocks that control double exposure. I suspect that you don't have as much problem with this on a hot day and more problems on a cold day. The reason it appears to clear up when you focus back and forth a few times is because enough time has elapsed for the interlocks to move (plus the vibration of focusing has also helped).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by kabkos View Post
    The problem is the double exposure is not resetting after you take the picture because of dried grease. Repairing it requires removing the wind side of the camera and cleaning up the interlocks that control double exposure. I suspect that you don't have as much problem with this on a hot day and more problems on a cold day. The reason it appears to clear up when you focus back and forth a few times is because enough time has elapsed for the interlocks to move (plus the vibration of focusing has also helped).
    Hello kabkos, welcome to APUG, nice to see you here!

Mike Sullivan
    When the chips are down,

The buffalo is empty!!!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin