Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,411   Online: 753

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Senseless self temptation

I saw a Mamiya 6MF on the shelf today and couldn't help but play with it. Actually I would be happier with the first version (non multi-format) since I only want it for 6x6 shooting. But wow, what nice camera! But the body alone was about $600 and the 50mm lens they had in stock was $500! Obviously way, way out of my range. But if Santa came today and asked me what I want it would be either the Mamiya 6 with all three lenses or the Fuji GF670. I'm not sure which... the portability of the Fuji is definitely a plus but the lens options of the Mamiya are pretty sweet too.

For the time being I will convince my self to be completely satisfied with my Fuji GS645 and my very old but still usable Mamiya Six (bellows type circa 1955).
    Pentax 67ii, Fuji GF670, Mamiya 6, Pentax 645N
    Chemical Cameras
    My Galleries

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I can't wait to welcome you to the 6MF club, once the GAS builds sufficiently and you have exploded in an irrational orgy of spending!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Force of Gas too strong to resist is! To the Force yield! Resistance, possible not is! -- Yoda

You have worked all your adult life to buy things that others needed or thought they wanted. Now is your time. If you want it and you will enjoy it, then buy it and use it while you can! If you do not do it this year, you will be a year older when you do do it.

Someone needs to stimulate the economy!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No temptation is senseless. Read St. Augustine.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I like the GF670, preferred it to the Mamiya 7, never used a Mamiya 6 though. The GF670 is beautiful to look at, amazing cameras like it are being made today.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I think I know the feeling...

More or less

Last edited by jnoir; 06-04-2012 at 04:13 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Why have one if you can have both! You can do without food for a week or two, can't you? It'll be worth it!
    And the sign said, "long haired freaky people need not apply"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wow! With friends like this who needs Satan!!!
    Seriously though... this is just too far out of my range.
    I have one kid in college, another entering college in a couple months, and a third who is 16 and eats like a horse and grows about a cm per month.

And our bank account is already empty!!!

Last fall I bought the new Sony A77 which is my primary digital camera it it gets used the most of anything.
    Then this spring I sold off a closet full of old equipment to finance the purchase of my long lusted after Minolta 135mm STF.

The only way I'm able to keep up my interest in film cameras is by occasionally finding really cheap bodies or lenses, usually under $100 each!

So as you can see, neither the Mamiya 6 nor the Fuji GF670 is likely to happen for a long time unless I meet an unreasonably friendly philanthropists somewhere.
    But I always enjoy dreaming and wishing!
    Chemical Cameras
    My Galleries

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by revdocjim View Post
    Last fall I bought the new Sony A77 which is my primary digital camera it it gets used the most of anything.
    Harrumph. That could have got you 500 rolls of Acros!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    Harrumph. That could have got you 500 rolls of Acros!
    Let's see... with the Mamiya 6 that would amount to 5,000 frames. Since last November I think I've taken close to 100,000 frames with the Alpha 77.
    Chemical Cameras
    My Galleries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin