Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,934   Posts: 1,585,600   Online: 648

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Katie,
    All I can say from my experience if you are going on a two week trip with your mother, and your young children whilst attempting to take pictures, your'e a better man than I am .
    Ben

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    What was wrong with the 35mm pictures?
    Nothing. It was just a burn that I had the 4x5 on my back all day and never took it out. I remedied that on the next trip. Added one shot from each trip to the galleries...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tkamiya View Post
    No backup camera? I know you want light but have one little failure and you are out of commission.... It's not like you can pop into a store and pickup a medium format camera....
    I know Colin Fletcher was able to provision a Contaflex from the bottom of the Grand Canyon in the middle of a trip, but he was a writer not a photographer.

Do you own another MF camera you can throw in the back in a "first-aid kid" kind of box that you only open in an emergency... Then the camera won't distract you but will "be there" if you need it.

Since you're already provisioned, doesn't make sense to argue that you should bring only one film. You'll have to make sure you have the right film in the camera at the right time. For example in the morning, if you still have last night's 400 loaded, you might unload and reload with 100 for the day (even if you are in the middle of a roll). If you leave 400 in during the day, you might take some fine landscapes that you won't be able to enlarge "as much" as you could have.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I may be a little late for your trip (sounds like fun) but this is just general advice. I think you would be well served by getting a point and shoot for quick shots of your children. If you like wide lenses (seems you do) then off the top of my head I would suggest the Ricoh GR-1, Fuji Tiara (Super Mini) or the Fuji Klasse W (still available new). I really think a point and shoot is the best way to photograph young children. The cameras I listed here all have exceptional lenses so you won't have any trouble making enlargements.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post

In addition to my leash-less wild 4 year old, I'll be toting my 67 year old Mother with a bum knee.
    If you mean this literally, you'd better take the lightest camera you can!
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin