Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,940   Posts: 1,557,468   Online: 890

Shooter
    35mm

Shooting half stops on rz67

What's up guys just got myself an rz67 and I find myself focusing close enough to where the bellows indicates a half stop increase in my exposure. What I've been doing is setting the aperture in between two apertures. For example let's say i have it set to 5.6 for a half stop increase I set it I between 5.6 and 4. However I'm not sure if my rz67 can do that since it doesn't quite click in between apertures. So I'm I correct in working this way???? Thanks!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Depends on your lens,some have half stops marked and some dont.W type lenses have the markings.If your lens has no markings you can leave it halfway between the markings and it should be fine-it's easy to bump it back though,be careful.

Shooter
    35mm
    Ya my sekor z doesn't have markings but like you said if I eave it in between apertures I should be fine.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's going to be fine using it that way.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    You're doing it right. The clicks are just there so that you know when you're on a whole stop, but you can set any fraction (halves, thirds, whatever) between stops.

If you hold down the DOF-preview lever and look in the front of the lens, you can see the blades move smoothly between stops as you rotate the aperture ring.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Gaining 1/2 stop shutter speeds.

If you add a Mamiya RZ Pro II prism to the older Mamiya RZ, you can gain
    1/2 stop shutter speeds.
    By then using this in conjunction with 1/2 stop RZ lenses you can very accurately
    set the exposure.

An exposure secret effecting all Mamiya RZ & Mamiya RB KL cameras secret:
    If you can look down from the top of the camera & see the top of the focusing
    plate peeking out past the prism, you must adjust the aperture 1/2 stop open,
    or shutter speed 1/2 stop slower.
    If you look at the side of the bellows compensation chart you will see that when
    the bellows is extended out this far, no matter the lens used, this is the exposure
    compensation required. It's remarkably consistent, it ALWAYS Works.
    Not on the earlier RB's though, different chart, although I don't know why.

Finally, send an RZ Pro II focusing screen to Brightscreen.
    It will make focusing easier & the icons on the new screen will
    remind you what the glowing lights represent. The older RZ screen doesn't.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin