Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,712   Posts: 1,483,005   Online: 792

Shooter
    Multi Format

Mamiya 645 AFD advancing film to end / Respooling film?

Hey all,

Have had a few occasions where freshly loaded film is being advanced on to the end when I first load it. Is there any reason this might occur? I've checked the back and there doesn't look to be any damage to it. I've just loaded two films - the first one advanced to the end, the second advanced to the first frame as it should. Anything I should look out for/be aware of?

Secondly, how can I respool the first film so I can reuse it again!

Thanks!

Welly

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had a back spool a half shot roll one time when it had sat for a week or so.
    What I think happened is the battery in the back that retains the frame count, ISO, etc whenever the back is off was low and lost this data. (camera didn't know it had a half roll loaded)
    This is only a guess.
    The camera itself supplies power for the backs when powered on.

That probably made no sense but it's hard to explain.
    Basically is the coin battery in the back itself in good working order?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That could easily explain it. I suspect the battery is very low. Will replace it and see how I get on. I'll dig about for some tutorials on respooling film. I'm sure YouTube will have something!

Cheers!

Welly

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin