Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,906   Posts: 1,555,859   Online: 877

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Way View Post
    I think I would wind up shooting 6x7 but honestly if you're talking about 8x10 paper or 16x20.. 6x7 negative is an oddball format.
    que?

6x7 is really 55x69mm (at least, it is on my RZ), which is 4:5 and a very good fit for 8x10 and 16x20 paper. The only problem is that people tend not to print full-bleed so once you take off some margins for the easel, you end up cropping the image a little longer in aspect ratio.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by revdocjim View Post
    That's a scope with an adapter on a digital camera. Digiscoping is pretty popular among the bird crowd. As long as you aren't trying to get inflight shots.
    Haha thanks I was wondering too.

Also Nice score on the fuji!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Way View Post
    Did you buy yours for 6x6 or 6x7 primarily?
    That is a bit of a dilemma for me because I absolutely love both formats. In fact I like both of them more than the standard dimensions of 35mm or DSLRs. I find square frames to be very intriguing and my first attraction to MF photography was because of my father's large collection of black and white negatives from the fifties and sixties when he first came to Japan. Almost all of them are square.

At the same time I find that in comparison to normal rectangular photo dimensions the chunkier 6x7 has a distinct appeal as well.

So for the first three rolls were all 6x6. But then this afternoon I pulled the GS-1 out and shot a roll of 6x7. I imagine I will go back and forth with the GF670.
    Pentax 67ii, Fuji GF670, Mamiya 6, Pentax 645N
    Chemical Cameras
    My Galleries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin