Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,733   Posts: 1,515,363   Online: 986

Shooter
    35mm

I need help with a recently acquired box of goodies

HI all,

first post here so hello to all and many thanks in advance for any help you can offer. I'm a professional photographer based in Switzerland (shooting digital) and I recently acquired a box of medium format bits and pieces that I'm trying to make some sense of. The list of known items is as follows and I have included some pictures:

1. Voigtlander Inos II body - excellent condition apart from the bellows in not fixed to the front standard - can that be fixed?

2. Ernemann shutter (I think) with an Ernemann - Aplanat - Symetrical lens - shutter only seems to cock at 1/50 and 1/100

3. Ica Dresden Compur shutter with Goerz Dagor Series III lens - good working order

I'd like to know if any of these items are compatible with each other, or if I may be able to get the Inos to working order and actually take some pics or if (as I'm suspecting) these are only useful as ornaments in my studio!

Many thanks again

Simon
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2462.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	743.1 KB 
ID:	52634

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Probably the Compur shutter goes with the camera. It is likely that the thread on the back of the shutter holds the front of the bellows up to the lens board. i.e. the shutter is mounted to the front, the bellows is pushed up over the threaded shutter mount and the retaining ring is screwed on holding it all together.

It should look a bit like this: http://images.wikia.com/camerapedia/...inos_II_02.jpg

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG.

It looks like the owner had a problem with the original lens/shutter so was replacing it with one, but both lenses and shutters there are older than the camera. You need to check whether the camera takes 120 or 616 film.

What Focal lenght is the Dagor ? It may be that it's the wrong FL for the camera.

If a lens is attached to the camera that re-attaches the bellows and probably the little mirror finder. The manual for the camera is here. The 616 version takes a 118mm (!1.8cm) lens and the 120 version a 105mm lens.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    I don't think either of the shutters will mount on the camera unfortunately - their mounting ring is too big

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Check what format the camera is, a 105mm Skopar lenses in a rimser Compur #0 shutter should fit and they do appear on ebay every so often.

Ian

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    the double-cablr release is interesting for anybody using belloews!,as long as th old-type thread fits cameraandlens.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin