Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,617   Online: 679

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Kalloflex shutter service needed

Anyone know of a reputable place/person to service the shutter on a Kalloflex tlr? It has a Seikosha-MX B-500 shutter. Any input would be appreciated. I have tried Karl Bryan and Mark Hanson, with no luck.
    Thanks,
    Gerry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not surprised, actually -- Karl specializes in Autocords and Mark avoids Japanese TLRs. Mark Hama is the guy you want. He worked on my Kallo years ago. Failing him, Essex really can work on anything.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the info, Nick.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    If you haven't already gotten this serviced, you could try Frank Marshman of Camera Wiz. He works on just about anything.

The Kalloflex is one of my favorite TLRs. Great camera!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Mark Hama did a terrific total overhaul of my Kalloflex (the Godzilla of TLRs) two years ago. Tore the shutter down to parts and sent me a jpg of it reduced to levers, gears and springs while he was in the middle of doing it. BTW, Mark Hanson will work on some Ricoh TLRs, but they are among the few Japanese TLRs he'll work on (strange, go figure). But from my experience, Karl Bryan is the man to work on Diacords and Ricohmatic 225s, even though he is better known for Autocords. He turned me on to the 225, whose praises he sings.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin