Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,773   Posts: 1,484,395   Online: 1032

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have all three (ETRSi, SQ-B, GS-1) and each is magnificent in its own way. And with the accessory Speed Grips the cameras are very hand-holdable, with a convenient hot shoe for studio work. Which one to buy depends on what format best suits you; all three are equal in construction and optics. But from a practical standpoint, the ETR series has the best availability of system components on the used market. SQ series gear is a little tighter but still good. As much as I love my GS-1 (one of the best cameras I've used), I don't think I'd invest in one today. Focusing screens and other accessories have become very difficult to find. Even things like 120 film inserts and some lenses can require frequent checks with eBay/KEH to find.

Shooter
    35mm
    For my buck, the ERTS series is a go to. It's a decent format to print 8x10, without losing a lot of area as you would with 6x6. Plus, almost any lens can be had for under $200 in good shape. Backs, I've never paid over $15 for.

Compared to my Hasselblad, I shoot the ERTS more simply because I've been able to afford more options for it, it's lighter, and faster to shoot with the AE-III prism and Speed grip. I'd have to re-mortgage my house to buy half of the Bronica stuff I own to fit my Hassy. Sure, the Hassy's quality is far and above the Bronica's, but in almost anything but studio settings I'll back the ETRS.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have currently an etr-s and an sq-am. The etr-s I've had for ages, and still use it for portrait work all the time. Especially when I need a high flash sync speed (it's a leaf shutter). The sq-am I've only had about six months, and only use it a little bit. The prism viewfinder is considerably dimmer than the etr, even with an Intenscreen aftermarket screen. But I do like square format and the motor drive is handy.

I've also owned an S and an EC. Both were fun but both died one after a few months of use. Brainiacs are good cameras, and dirt cheap compared to other MF cameras. I also shoot Manila 645af for wedding work. But I still bring out the etr when I need the sync speed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use ETRS-i (this model has indicator in the viewfinder when multiple exposure lever is engaged, mirror lock-up. "B" (bulb) setting ), now you can find components: body, lenses (PE have half stops), WLF, backs (look for EI backs with two releases, and grey dark slide) in EX, EX+ or LN condition on KEH for a very good price.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Shhh, don't tell people about KEH!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin