Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,990   Posts: 1,524,183   Online: 1108

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rollei filters

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Rollei filters

Are the contrast filters of good quality?

I assume that they're single-coated but I haven't determined if they are worthwhile...thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a the (light) yellow and (medium?) red bay I size filters, they're great! I too would assume that they are single coated, but I have never had any flare issues with them. They are well built with the metal ring and feel very solid. I wouldn't hesitate to buy them if I had to do it again.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have a number of Rollei filters and can say they are of the highest quality. Given their age they're almost certainly single coated, but I've never encountered any problems. I'm inclined to think terms like "multi-coated" or "digital compatable" filters are largely sales talk to justify price increases.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello,
    the coating process was applied since about 1949, so very old wartime or pre-war filters are not coated. You can identify coated Rollei filters by their blueish shining and reflecting surface. Most probably they were made from Schott filter glass, one of the most competent manufacturer of optical glasses.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've used Rollei filters and can assure you that coated or not (I think NOT) they are high quality and fulfil their intended goal. Its not like Rollei didn't know what they were doing, after all. Use a lens hood, too, and you'll have no problems.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As mentioned above, the filters with a bluish reflection definitely are coated, though most likely single coated only. Pretty easy to spot.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    I've used Rollei filters and can assure you that coated or not (I think NOT) they are high quality and fulfil their intended goal. Its not like Rollei didn't know what they were doing, after all. Use a lens hood, too, and you'll have no problems.
    +1!
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You can also get modern Bay I and Bay II B+W filters for the Rolleiflex. I got mine from B&H at much lower prices than the Schneider list.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks

Interesting, why doesn't B+W manufacture BIII filters?

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello,
    a.f.a.i.k. Heliopan as well as B&W make Bay. I, II and III filters.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin