Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,659   Posts: 1,481,456   Online: 1077

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by msbarnes View Post
    Would the 180mm be a mess with a Manfrotto 055 tripod?
    I'm not familiar with the manfrotto 055 - but the 180mm Sonnar tripod mount has a 1/4" thread and is positioned so as to keep the whole thing quite well balanced.
    Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've used the P6 with 180mm on a Manfrotto 055, and there's nothing wrong with the sharpness (or signs of camera shake). I've also had good results hand-held & braced.

The film spacing is really only an issue if you don't read the manual and follow the instructions on how to load the camera. If you are still concerned, you can get an indicator fitted. The guy that serviced mine (a guy in Holland, whose name I forget), claimed the mirror was well braked, and that MLU (which he can fit) isn't as necessary as on the Kiev. I've never found its lack of MLU a problem.

The lenses are pretty good, especially for the price - CZJ 50mm, 80mm, 120mm, 180mm and 300mm, plus you can get an Arsat 30mm without requiring a mortgage. Then there are all the other lenses out of the FSU and Eastern Block. Of them all, the one I've probably used the most is the 50mm, but the 120mm is really nice (and often overlooked).

But remember, in the end the camera is several decades old, and like any mechanical camera of that age, it will likely benefit from a CLA.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If really obsessed, I'd get an Exakta 66: http://camerapedia.wikia.com/wiki/Exakta_66

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin