Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,957   Posts: 1,586,085   Online: 989

Shooter
    Medium Format

Hasselblad 500C - Help me ID this focus screen

So, I'm new to the world of medium format and to Hasselblad. I just picked up a 500C off the bay from Roberts with WL and an A12 for about $300. I was expecting the standard ground glass screen with the + on it, but instead, it came with a screen that has:

1. A split image prism
    2. A microprism ring around #1
    3. A grid

The screen is in OK condition, with a couple of marks near the edge (I'm going for cheap user here ). That being said, I have no idea what screen this is. Anyone lend a hand?

EDIT: Also realize that I've been a member here since '08 and this is my first post.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It could be anything, since the 500C doesn't have (easily) interchangeable screens, and it certainly didn't come with the camera. The 500C screens have no metal frames with ID numbers or branding, unlike the screens for the later ELM/ELX/CM/CW/CX cameras. I had a similar screen in my 500C when I bought it, without the microprism ring. I just changed it to a acute-matte with split-prism yesterday, hopefully I didn't screw the focusing alignment up too badly.
    See my work at my website CHRISTOPHER LANGE PHOTOGRAPHY

or my snaps at my blog MINIMUM DENSITY
    --
    If you don't have it, then you don't have it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    There is an Acute-matte screen #42170 that has a grid and split-image rangefinder 6 mm diameter and grid with 10.25mm spacing if that is of any help.

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The 42170 looks very similar to this one, save for its lack of a microprism ring. That's the thing that has me stumped.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    There is also an Acute-Matte D 42217 but no mention of a microprism. Maybe it has one but they failed to mention it. i have an old catalog from 1996-97 and that's what it shows.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    There is also an Acute-Matte D 42217 but no mention of a microprism. Maybe it has one but they failed to mention it. i have an old catalog from 1996-97 and that's what it shows.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I just recalled there were Beatti screens that may be your answer.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin