Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,450   Posts: 1,643,539   Online: 1085

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Bronica 80mm PS problem

Well, today I am annoyed - it appears that my 80mm PS lens has developed a fault.

When shooting at 1/500th of a second, I am getting long (& inconsistent) exposures. Sometimes I get a fast speed, other times I get a few seconds. I have tried most the other shutter speeds - those that I can easily measure appear OK. The faster shutter speeds sound quick. It just seems to be at 1/500th. I have tried my another lens on the body and this appears to be OK.

Has anyone had this issue before? Could it be something as simple as a bad connection?

Cheers

(BTW, this is the 4th piece of camera equipment that I have had an issue with in the last 6 months - I tell you, the whole lot is going to end up in the freaken bin.....)
    If you get a chance, check out my new Facebook Page, Kustoms On Silver!

Hoffy's Flickr Photostream (Not quite analog Only, but nearly!)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    i had similar with my S 50mm when my camera took a little tumble. in the end i had to send it for repair - afraid i never found out what was actually wrong with it though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well, I attacked the damn thing with a dremel this arvo - seriously!

OK, not quite that bad. I polished up the pins using a dremel & polishing pad and it seems to be on the improve. I was a bit fearful, though, as after I had finished the job, it wasn't working properly at all. I then played with the T switch and it came good. I have just done an aproximate test using my DSLR in the focal plaen and a light source to test the shutter speeds and they look pretty close. From my eyes, I think @ 1/500, its a small bit slow - maybe around 1/400th.

I'll run a roll through it during the week and see how they turn out.

Cheers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Actually - a bit of thinking out loud here - Could it be dying or near flat batteries that's causing this?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sounds like it could be battery problems...electronics in cameras...always a problem at some stage, that's my experience. The cameras that have never given me problems...my Rolleiflex, Minolta Autocord, & Mamiyaflex C330. ......all totally mechanical.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    AFAIK 1/500 is the one mechanically timed speed on the Bronicas. With no battery it should shoot at 1/500. So chances are the problem is mechanical.
    Bronica ETRSi, Nikon F3 and FM.

NJS
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I had similar problem with 50 S lens giving me inconsisted speeds - I've opened the lens and cleaned iris and shutter blades with isopropyl alchohol and also cleaned lens contacts a bit. 5 minutes job solved the issue.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you don't mind me asking, how difficult is it to take apart and re-assemble? I have a problem with a ps lens with it not cocking so I figured it might me an interesting challenge

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you don't mind me asking, how difficult is it to take apart and re-assemble? I have a problem with a ps lens with it not cocking so I figured it might be an interesting challenge

NJS
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Canuck, if you have some limited experience, right tools and patience then it's not that difficult, not as, say, Leica-R lenses or Nikkors with CRC.
    Here are some tips: http://www.buonaluce.com/Slens.pdf

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin